Thread: removing ntfs compression attribute

Unhappy removing ntfs compression attribute

I have googled, searched this site, you name it. I have a program called cryptainer LE, that got compressed once while doing a disk cleanup. Now when I try to access it I get the error message," the special volume has been compressed on an NTFS partition. This is not supported, please remove the compression attribute." Well dang it I have tried but can't get it. I have searched the software's faq's, microsoft website, many other places. I have Win XP Home Edition, on a Compaq Presario notebook. Help please anyone. The program creates a volume that can only be accessed by password, I know my password so that isn't my problem. Thanks in advance to anyone that can help.
    Dream as if you are going to live forever, live as if you were going to die today.

Take a look at this and see if it helps at all. If not I'll see what else I can find.

Compact
    Operation Cyberslam
    \"I\'ve noticed that everybody that is for abortion has already been born.\" Author Unknown
    Microsoft Shared Computer Toolkit
    Proyecto Ututo EarthCam

Thanks so much that did it! I really appreciate it.
    Dream as if you are going to live forever, live as if you were going to die today.