Thread: Music Review: QOTSA - Lullabies to Paralyze

Banned

Music Review: QOTSA - Lullabies to Paralyze

I figured that even l33t hax0rs need some musak to listen to... LOL

Why not post CD reviews here...

Here's the first one:

Artist: Queens of the Stone Age
    Album: Lullabies to Paralyze

I fell in love with the QOTSA when I heard their "Feel good hit of the summer"... "Nicotine, Valium, Vicodin, Marihuana, Extasy and Alcohol... Co-co-co-co-cocaaaaiiiineeee" - without a doubt, Gore's anthem.

Comes from Arizona, sounds like Arizona. And it's good. It's been dubbed stoner-rock, and one can only imagine why that is. Kyuss invented it, and they invented it very well. Queens of the Stone Age is what they call themselves these days, and they do it even better.

The early albums were good; the newer ones are very good.

First there was Songs of the Deaf, with at least 5 songs that should have been in the Billboard top-100: "No One Knows", "First It Giveth", "Go With the Flow", "Another Love Song" and the bonus track "Mosquito Song" - Mosquito Song is the song the Beatles never recorded, the song the Rolling Stones wish they had recorded.... and the song Deen Ween (yeah, from Ween) sang.

And now there's Lullabies to Paralyze

Dizzaaaaaaaammmnnn..... They had Dave Grohl (yeah, that guy from Nirvana and an EXCELLENT drummer) for Songs for the Deaf... they don't anymore, and it's even better. Unless you've seen Grohl ever touch a cow bell, of course... the cow bells in Little Sister are sublime (that's the single, and the most "radio-friendly" song of them all), and so is the entire song...

Never mind, here's the beginning:
    This Lullaby should have been on a Nick Cave record - or where it would belong: on Abbey Road.

Medication is the QOTSA on speed, and Everybody knows that you're insane feels like I'm on speed listening to the QOTSA on speed... pfeeeeeeeeeeeew.

Along comes Tangled up in Plaid: this sounds like the tune one should have playing when beating the crap out of Gore... not because one wanted to, but because one could

Burn the Witch does nothing more than burning a bunch of witches (I swear I could hear them burn), In My Head confirms it...

Then there's I never came and it sounds like it: frustrated, and Josh Homme making sure iGlen Danzig will never come close to him.

Someone's in the wolf and I believe it... sounds like someome ate it. Dizzzzaaaaammmmnnnn.

The Blood in Love could have me fooled... sounds like a Waltz... oh wait... it's kicking my ass...

Skin on skin is exactly what it sounds like... and Broken Box sucks...

You've got a killer scene there, man on the other hand... bwaaaaaaaaaaaaahaahahahaaaaa... you can hear the Marshalls do their thing (literally), Josh sounds like he's been in the desert for 96 days (he probably has)...

Ending track "Long Slow Goodbye" is worth the album...

Anyone care to give me the bonus track ("Like A Drug")...?

Anyone care to give me the bonus track ("Like A Drug")...?
    I'll send it to you over AIM or e-mail.

AIM: anghellic xtc
    e-mail: sysadmnop@gmail.com

if thats what u meant !

edit: Mail Sent
    StreetsCrack.com Join The Best Music Social Network Online. Music downloads, promotions, forums, profile, games etc...

Love Queens, haven't picked up this one yet but it's on the list. Great review, excellent analysis.

Next time I am at the store I'll pick it up..

This is my list

Becks new one
    Queens
    Chevelle's new one
    Roman Candle
    West of House
    You are standing in an open field west of a white house, with a boarded front door.
    There is a small mailbox here.

T̙͓̞̣̯ͦͭͅͅȂͧͭͧ̏̈͏̖̖Z̿ ͆̎̄
    Sorry guys, never heard of them!

But if you guys want me to give a reveiw on Real Music like the Troggs, Yardbirds, Ten Years After, Blood Sweat & Tears, Turtles, Mojo Men, Zombies, and a hundred other groups from the sixties...I'm your man! Used to be an avid collector of One-Hit-Wonders on 45's and Rare Albums

I think a music thread is a great idea though and I hope it keeps going.

Eg

Can i tell you guys something hehe, i never heard of even ONE of all the groups listed in this thread.
    StreetsCrack.com Join The Best Music Social Network Online. Music downloads, promotions, forums, profile, games etc...

T̙͓̞̣̯ͦͭͅͅȂͧͭͧ̏̈͏̖̖Z̿ ͆̎̄
    Errrrrr...cough...
    I'll send it to you over AIM or e-mail.

I'm sure I'm not the only old-fogy here who'd like to reminisce on a little good ole' Rock n' Roll...rather than the crap they put out today. Some of it's not crap though...I like fun rap...like Sir-Mix-A-Lot's My Baby's Got Back...some U2..etc...but most of it I can live without.

I only downloaded it for Negative lol, i didn't have it.

I love Queen of my Heart by Westlife that's my most favorite song anyone heard it ..
    The people who are crazy enough to think they can change the world are the ones that do.

http://www.AntiOnline.com/sig.php?imageid=767

Somthing funny.... this weekend I saw a mini-van with a huge face on it. No words but it's the Misfits trademark image.... on a mini-van? Music from the 60's and 70's is cool. But so is music from the proceding 3 decades after that! Including a couple of musical revolutions similar and just as insightful as those from the 60s.
    West of House
    You are standing in an open field west of a white house, with a boarded front door.
    There is a small mailbox here.

AOs Resident Troll
    I love music...

I was a musician for years...til I got full time into computers ..(and had children) and that was it for my music career...although I plan on getting back to it....one day

I still have several friends who are in it full time either as a player or in the record\management\agent companies...so I do catch up with the biz on occasion

So now...I am just a huge fan of all types of music...it inspires me.

When I was younger...nothing felt better then playing my guitar REALLY loud and yelling\screaming\singing into a mic...It got my "ya ya's out "

I am reduced now to listing to very loud rock and roll while I work out.....kinda reminds me of running through a set

Music is still a big part of my life....

I love the QOTSA!!

I also just heard a new song from a band called Mars Volta (i think)...

I think the best cd last year still stands with Green Day...very mature for them...with over tones of the new age\punk movement of the early eighties...

And then theres Coldplay...Parachutes..true song craft

I could go on...maybe later.

no time now...work work work

MLF
    How people treat you is their karma- how you react is yours-Wayne Dyer