Your favourite Asian recipe

Thread: Your favourite Asian recipe

AO's Mr Grumpy

Your favourite Asian recipe

Being a somewhat amateur cook, i.e I'm bullied into making the curries and stir fries ( I can say no when I want to, I am not afraid of "she who must be ignored ). What is your favourie Asian recipe? To those who don't cook , keep you favourite meal to youself-- don't reply, the operative word is recipe. The reason I ask , is that there have been numerous programmes on TV recently about the origin of some well known dishes, e.g tikka masala, rumoured to have originated in Birmingham , UK, long story. Dishes that are common in Asian restuarants in Scotland are unheard of in England, Lots are unheard of in India, Pakistan and Bangladesh. I have a bog standard curry recipe that I use regularly and seems to work well. I would be interested to hear from anyone who makes pakora on a regular basis, as I have so many recipes that I have tried, but can never quite get that take-away taste
    Computer says no
    (Carol Beer)

Just a Virtualized Geek MrLinus's Avatar
    Redondo Beach, CA

I get cantonese cooking everynight (the SO is Chinese). Favourite is deep fried chicken wings (although I don't know if that's specifically chinese but he introduced me -- and my hips and thighs -- to it). Outside of that stir fried bok choy or green beans with ground beef (basically any stir fry with any meat except liver).
    Goodbye, Mittens (1992-2008). My pillow will be cold without your purring beside my head
    Extra! Extra! Get your FREE copy of Insight Newsletter||MsMittens' HomePage

********** |ceWriterguy
    Teriaki Steak or Chicken with spring vegetable stir-fry.
    Even a broken watch is correct twice a day.

Which coder said that nobody could outcode Microsoft in their own OS? Write a bit and make a fortune!

T̙͓̞̣̯ͦͭͅͅȂͧͭͧ̏̈͏̖̖Z̿ ͆̎̄
    Hi jm459,

No Asian Recipes...but lots of others...this recipe always gets asked for seconds...never fails...

Pasta ( no name given ) my own particular recipe...

1. bag of pasta ( shells, rigatoni, those twisty ones, etc...whatever suits your fancy ) 450 grams
    2. 8oz fresh mushrooms
    3. 400 grams mozzarella cheese
    4. 250 grams old cheddar cheese
    5. 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
    6. 2 fresh green peppers
    7. 15-20 green olives
    8. 1 680ml can of Hunts Zesty sauce
    9. 1 680ml can of Primo Romano Cheese and Basil
    10. 1 and a half pounds of fresh lean hamburger
    11. 2 fresh Italian Maple-flavored Sausages
    12. 1 tub of fresh Cottage Cheese ( 2% )
    13. spices: garlic powder ( not salt ), onion salt, steak spice, and paprika
    14. 1 sweet pepper ( optional )

boil pasta in water ( duh ) with a dash of salt till you can cut it easily with a plastic not overcook...drain

cook hamburger in butter ( about a 1/2 cup ) on medium heat till it is " just "cooked through...drain

put pasta back into the empty pot and add 1/2 can of sauce and simmer on low heat

put hamburger back in pan and add 1/2 can of sauce and simmer on low heat

pan fry sausages until just cooked through...cut into small pieces and add to the pan of hamburger

add Cottage cheese to pot of pasta

cut up peppers into strips, cut mushrooms into four quarters, slice olives, add to the pot of pasta

( Don't forget to stir everything...frequently...another Duh )

add parmesan cheese to pan of hamburger

sprinkle the spices in both pot and pan...Don't use too much!

cut the mozzarella and old cheddar cheeses into strips and add about a quarter of them to the pan of hamburger and cover and TURN OFF HEAT

get your roasting pan and grease it up with a very thin layer of butter...then add a half can of sauce

pour in the entire contents of the pot...then add about a quarter of the sliced cheeses

add the remaining 1/2 can of sauce into the roasting pan

then add the entire contents of the pan of hamburger and top with the remaining cheese slices

place roasting pan uncovered in pre-heated oven at 350 degrees on middle oven rack for 20 minutes

then...if the cheese is not browned ( it should be ) broil for a few minutes to brown the cheese

THEN EAT !!!

If you only want Asian recipes I can delete this!

P.S. It really does taste extrordinarily good...I learned to cook at a very early age out of necessity.

They call me the Hunted foxyloxley's Avatar
    3rd Rock from Sun
    It's 02:00 here in the UK, and NOW I'M STARVING .....................thanx 4 that
    55 - I'm fiftyfeckinfive and STILL no wiser,
    OLDER yes
    Beware of Geeks bearing GIF's
    come and waste the day :P at The Taz Zone

G'day jm459, I have a recipe that's almost better than any takeaway i have tried.

Ingredients: chicken thigh fillets, as much as you need
    : fresh greens, broccolli, cauliflower, bok choy, mushrooms
    : tinned tomatoes big tin,
    : garlic heaps
    : small hot chillies 1-2 max
    : bit a sugar
    : bit a curry & ginger

cooking : add olive oil in a non stik pan, bring up to high heat, add crushed, diced,chopped
    whatever garlic, some chillie, curry, and wahtever other spices you like.

: add washed chicken to pan and brown up for approx 10 minutes
    remove from pan, put into bowl cover, put aside.

: re-oil the pan and add more garlic, chillie, curry, and other spices, add all vegies
    and stir fry to your liking, i prefer just cooked.

: blend tomatoes and add into pan, turn heat down and simmer for 10 minutes

: cut chicken into bite size and add.

: add water if needed to keep sauce up nice, taste test and add whatever .

: when ready, turn off heat and add sugar to flavour, not too much, taste test for
    best results.

Serve with rice or on it's own, i love it.

You can leave out chicken and add small bite sizes at end when dish is finished, will cook in the heat, can also use fish in the same way..

I wonder how did you learn that.... I don't like kithchens anywas. I prefer to order a pizza over cooking.... lol
    \"The only truly secure system is one that is powered off, cast in a block of concrete and sealed in a lead-lined room with armed guards - and even then I have my doubts\".....Spaf
    Everytime I learn a new thing, I discover how ignorant I am.- ... Black Cluster

AO's Mr Grumpy
    Thanks for the replies folks. Interesting recipes there

Originally posted here by Egaladeist

If you only want Asian recipes I can delete this!
    No need, as I also love pasta this will be on my concoct list , although I don't think I've seen Hunts Zesty sauce around here, if it is I have'nt seen it.

Hi tiDaL, long time no hear. will give your recipe a swift roll around the pan. Surprised it's not a fishey one
    Computer says no
    (Carol Beer)