Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: "stock tip" mails, help stopping please

More info:...

OrgName: Chattanooga Data Connection, Inc.
    OrgID: CHAT
    Address: PO Box 5269, 2003 Amnicola Hwy.
    City: Chattanooga
    StateProv: TN
    PostalCode: 37406

NetRange: 207.244.0.0 - 207.244.63.255
    CIDR: 207.244.0.0/18
    NetName: CHATDATA
    NetHandle: NET-207-244-0-0-1
    Parent: NET-207-0-0-0-0
    NetType: Direct Allocation
    NameServer: DNS1.CHATTANOOGA.CDC.NET
    NameServer: DNS2.CHATTANOOGA.CDC.NET
    Comment: ADDRESSES WITHIN THIS BLOCK ARE NON-PORTABLE
    RegDate: 1996-11-06
    Updated: 2002-02-08

TechHandle: CNO2-ARIN
    TechName: Network Operations Center
    TechPhone: +1-423-266-3369
    TechEmail: noc@cdc.net
    LeoSham

halv - lol, yes ok thanks for the correction

Leosham - Ah excellent, some deeper info. I've got to say that unfortuantely my searching abilities are limited to google simply through lack of techie knowledge. (You ask me how to fix a PC i can do it, just not done much research into this side) Its late now, but i might see if i can do some more work into looking into these other two companies.

The thing that springs to mind is now we have potential affiliates and names of people is to make a complaint to an authority. What i mean is that is far as i'm aware you have to provide an unsubscribe link, therefore if it doesn't work there must be some kind of penalty and someone, possibly the named person might be held liable.

Now i might be being very naive here and i know that even if all that was true it would probably take months to even get looked at but its one course of action. As i said i haven't got much experience here so peoples advice would be great.

Ah i'm tired now, so probably not making all too much sense, i'll leave it there
    www.simpleits.co.uk
    www.tazforum.**********.com
    Google is god ....... of the Internet

ShippMA and those of you interested...

I have been using a wonderful program called Copernic for ALL of my deep searching, VERY friendly and ....sorry....better results than ...I'll be nice...other search options. The others are GREAT, but when ya really wanna dig up the dirt..Copernic Pro is even better but not free

http://www.copernic.com/en/products/agent/index.html

it's free and absolutetly NO spyware or anyother crap. Check it out and enjoy
    LeoSham

Exclamation

I might need some lessons on Copernic Pro.
    Since I've had it over a year, I find it less usefull than Google and I've asked Copernic to include Google as a search engine, but they don't.
    My results just aren't that good on that program, so it lays in a dusty folder.

But I do run Copernic Desktop Search and that is one program that kicks butt.
    ZT3000
    Beta tester of "0"s and "1"s"

with regards to the saharaneast junk ridden crap that i too have been getting in my hotmail account the simple remedy could be to go to your filter settings and filter out anything that ends in .info...all these emails from saharaneast end in .info i have no problem doing this as anything that comes into my mail box ending in .info is almost always junk anyway. ive just applied these settings heres hoping they work

i also use hotmail and have been getting these emails. i've also right-clicked on different emails and clicked on properties, and each one had a different domain name, and if you go to the main page in that domain (http://domainname.info) it all has the same unsubscribe message. anyways, i'll be checking back to see if anyone finds out how to stop these people.

I also use hotmail and have been receiving these emails for over a month. As I read through the past posts I noticed a person's name and phone number that may be connected to these emails. Just because I have nothing better to do I decided to call this guy. I actually got a real person! I said I was looking for an email advertising agency and was given this number. He said he was the guy, so I asked him if he could remove me from his email list. He was very friendly and apologized for the link in the email not taking me off the list. He said he would look into it further to see what the problem is. His name and number:

OrgTechName: Allan, Victor
    OrgTechPhone: +1-877-935-1974

If you press 83 you should get him. (he actually couldn't talk right away and said he would call me back. i thought this was a convenient blow off, but he actually did call me back!)

You can also email him at: victorallan@web4presence.com

Thanks to the person who found this information! I would've never found it.

Also, Cattanooga Data Corporation is an ISP. Their tech support said they couldn't do anything, but to call the main office at 1-423-266-3369 to see if there was a way to further track down the person responsible for the emails. But I think victorallen is the guy to talk to. Hopefully it works!