Thread: spammer sentenced to 9 years

spammer sentenced to 9 years

EDIT -- GRR original link not working ... trying to get a better link .....

http://www.contractoruk.com/news/002044.html

ok, I posted a different link.

Interesting to see what will happen when this gets to an appeal court. Any thoughts ?

~Halv

Even though I dont like spam i dont think this guy should go to jail and i also dont thing that the government should be able to regulate spaming. Do they realize that we get spam from other countrys?

Just My 2 cents
    ~Michael~

Frustrated Mad Scientist
    http://www.channelregister.co.uk/200...faces_slammer/

The Register is suggesting the guy may sell penis enlargment within the jail.
    Probably not the best idea :-o

Originally posted here by MichaelAZ
    Even though I dont like spam i dont think this guy should go to jail and i also dont thing that the government should be able to regulate spaming. Do they realize that we get spam from other countrys?

Just My 2 cents

if it were simply spam id agree but this guy was selling phony products and work at home schemes. If he were charged with fraud, considering all those he ripped off, he’d be getting allot more than nine years.
    Bukhari:V3B48N826 “The Prophet said, ‘Isn’t the witness of a woman equal to half of that of a man?’ The women said, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘This is because of the deficiency of a woman’s mind.’”

Should the fraud spam emails be treated as regular mail fraud ?

In order to crack down any kind of illegal practices, rigorous legislation should take place. And in the first place, put them into action. Someone always has to be the scapgoeat, I believe.

halv, Fraud is fraud no matter whay shape it has.... with some reservations thought...

Cheers
    \"The only truly secure system is one that is powered off, cast in a block of concrete and sealed in a lead-lined room with armed guards - and even then I have my doubts\".....Spaf
    Everytime I learn a new thing, I discover how ignorant I am.- ... Black Cluster

Well,

In my opinion I think that those guys deserves a second chance. They can be kept at jail for one month as an example and after one month they should have a second chance to work against spam or against crackers like them. A true fact that I can tell you for shore is this : Spam will never disappear, the fraud will never disappear as long as in this world exists countrys like mine, Romania where peoples work for an average of 80-90 $ salary / month. When a smart guy see that his father wins only 80-90 $ / month and he works 10 hours / day I believe that his vision is something like this : "I can make thousands of dollars / month if I steal from others " and believe me that I now for sure. Such kids are influenced by local gangsters. The truth is hard to believe and hard to discover. When you see that the police is corrupted and other officials are corrupted it's just disgusting me...

P.S. Think a lot more, I know casses of kidnapped kids who are forced to make such a fraud in different countrys from Europe. They cannot go to police and say - I was forced by that man to do this, since his family could be in great danger. I know people who were killed for only the fact that they "said" they would go to FBI, Police and inform them...

So think twice my friends before pressing the "Submit Reply" button. Oh and btw please excuse my bad english and my grammar mistakes.