Encrypting CD
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Encrypting CD

Encrypting CD

Hello Guys!
    I have a question which is definately seeking you experties, i have no knowledge about encryption, But i need to encrypt documents on the CD.
    I want to know hoe to do this sort of work.

any sort of Information will be appreciated.
    Thanx
    Harbir
    U get What U pay for.

Just Another Geek
    For what OS?
    Oliver's Law:
    Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Since you say you want to encrypt a few documents on the CD, I have to also ask which OS are you using?

I can guess at a Windows machine though.

You CAN password protect a document in Word (you can encrypt also). Do this...

When you go to SAVE a document, click on SAVE AS..

Then, in the new window, in the upper right corner should be a TOOLS drop down menu.
    click on TOOLS then Click on SECURITY OPTIONS (this may be different with a differnet version of WORD, I have 2003 installed on this box). You can password protect the document. You can put one password to view and a different one to edit.

In Word 2003, you can also click on the ADVANCED button and choose differnt type of encryption and key lengths.

NOTE: if someone can view, but not edit, they may be able to copy/paste into a different document.

good luck.

~Halv

\"The only truly secure system is one that is powered off, cast in a block of concrete and sealed in a lead-lined room with armed guards - and even then I have my doubts\".....Spaf
    Everytime I learn a new thing, I discover how ignorant I am.- ... Black Cluster

Password protect word documents! hah thats laughable, of course you can but its weak so i wouldnt bother

try pgp or the gnu version gpg -

http://www.gnupg.org/(en)/download/index.html

its free to download and good for exchanging data like I assume you are going to with your CD??

OS isnt important with gpg becuase theres ports to most OS's

i2c

Hi there, How can I encrypt a presentation made in flash that run form a cd, but not be copied to HD.???

if its on a cd it can be copied to hard drive. simple.
    Everyone is going to die, I am just as good of a reason as any.

http://think-smarter.blogspot.com

I mean, you can read the info on the cd but you cannot take a file from cd and paste on HD.

I ve been made cd with cdlock and cryptcd but the info is easy copied to HD uncreypted.

there is no way.

If it is on a cd and readable then it can be moved to the HD. The trick will be making it as difficult as possible. I mean honestly, if there was a way to do this dont you think it would be on every cd and dvd out there.
    Everyone is going to die, I am just as good of a reason as any.

http://think-smarter.blogspot.com

I am with XTC46 on this one, you just cannot stop it being copied, that is why we have software and entertainment piracy.

The problem is that you can encrypt and password protect the presentation but no-one would be able to look at it without the key and the password..................and as soon as you give them those, it can be copied.