Thread: CS:Source Sprays

CS:Source Sprays

Hi all,

I have made a picture in Macromedia Fireworks MX 2004 which has a transparent background, which I would like to use as my Counter-Strike: Source spray. I know that formats like GIF's and obviously PNG's offer alpha transparency, but they aren't supported by Counter-Strike. I was just wondering if anyone out there knows how I can make my picture transparent. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance,

[EDIT]
    Formats supported by CS are: JPEG, BMP, TGA and VTF

Oh, and I do have Adobe Photoshop 7.0 (which does TGA's etc...)
    [/EDIT]

J_K9

AO Ancient: Team Leader
    Sprays in CS are much less important than your ability to kill the enemy. Spend more time killing and less time looking "pretty" and you'll be a much better player all around.....
    Don\'t SYN us.... We\'ll SYN you.....
    \"A nation that draws too broad a difference between its scholars and its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards, and its fighting done by fools.\" - Thucydides

lol thanks for the advice TS but I'm already quite a good player if I may say so myself, so I am looking for the "pretty" graphics now! Anyone who can actually answer the question ;-) ?

J_K9

hmm apparantly CS source supports animated sprays as well - how annoying would they be >.<

as for your question - a quick google search tuned up

http://www.threeboy.net/forums/archi...php/t-832.html

v_Ln

Thanks valhallen but the thread is from 2003, so the wizard in Wally doesn't seem to recongnise my CS:Source folder (apparently only works with CS the way it says on counterspray, and I have tried both the Wally and non-Wally way on that), and the Wally method doesn't work with CS:Source because the PLDECAL file is the old method used in Counter-Strike. I know that there are people who play Source with transparent backgrounds, so if anyone who reads this thread knows, please can they tell me how?

- Just a quick question, should I try making the background colour 0000255 in Fireworks?

J_K9

why not - you might as well try it

Nope - didn't work. For some reason, even when I have coloured the background as 0,0,FF (a light blue) and saved it as a bitmap, when I import it into CS:Source the background just turns white! Does anyone know another way I can do it?

J_K9

I finally found a good tut on how to do it: for those who want to know, click here. Cheers,

J_K9