Running Remote Programs using Apache

Thread: Running Remote Programs using Apache

Running Remote Programs using Apache

On my home network, i have recorded all my cds to one computer, which is were my speaker system is connected, i would like to run apache or something like that on there so i can bring up a webinterface that lets me run my music files or other files, aswell as download them. Another thing is so it can display the files on the page and you click on them or so to run them aswell as a search feature.

Could anyone tell me if there are any programs that could do this or anywebpge examples, i dont know to much into HTML or PHP
    Signature image is too tall!

T̙͓̞̣̯ͦͭͅͅȂͧͭͧ̏̈͏̖̖Z̿ ͆̎̄
    If these don't help I'm sure someone will be along shortly to help...

http://www.openca.org/openca/docs/online/index.html
    OpenCA Guides for 0.9.2+

http://www.cbi.pku.edu.cn/Doc/tools/...mand_line.html
    command_line

Blast From the Past
    if they are already on your home network, you can set up the music file as a shared file in windows XP, then map it as a network drive...very simple

if you have cross platform transfers you would want to look into samba, samba comes with nearly every distro of linux now adays, it is avaliable for windows, linux, and mac

yes you could use apache... drop all your songs on an html document and pull them up via the web....it works...ive done it before in momenst of despiration.... but if your just using windows there are better options avaliable to you

what are some specs....operating systems your running, speed of the home network, how many computers, etc
    work it harder, make it better, do it faster, makes us stronger

nah i didnt want file sharing, i just wanted the computer to play the song i selected from a different one and if need be download that song.I was thinking use a database to store song names then read from that some how to play the song, but as i said i dont have much knowledge in PHP,HTML .The main machine (with speakers etc) is AMD Athlon XP 2700, 512mb ram, plenty hdd space, other computers are AMD Athlon 900 386mb ram and my laptop Centrino 1.7ghz, 512ram.
    Signature image is too tall!

You're looking for SlimServer, which fortunately is an Open Source application.

Basically it will be a streaming music server on your LAN that will look through the folders of your choice to add to its music library. It then allows you to password protect the streams, and log in to the server to change the song, etc. Your pc-server could have some music player running that connects to the stream-server application to play that, so when you change the song via the interface from any pc, your pc (and any others) playing the music from that stream reflects this change.

I'm not 100% sure if you can have it let you download the files, but you could always have Apache on a directory with all of your music for that part of it. Though I'm not sure if you can run them together...you'd have to change the default ports for one of them I think...

Cheers.