Windows Security Checklist - (link to..)

Thread: Windows Security Checklist - (link to..)

Windows Security Checklist - (link to..)

Here is a work in progress,it seems to be a good read, have a look for your selves, chew over what this guy is saying.. see what areas we can discuss..

"Consumer technology now exceeds the average persons ability to comprehend how to use it..give up hope of them being able to understand how it works." - Me

Wow! There are definitely a lot of pretty points to consider in here. Most of the tips I had gone through and it is really effective.

Hmm.. let me see…

Firewall : ZoneAlarm
    AntiVirus : AVG
    Other Tools : MS AntiSpyware, Lavasoft Ad-Aware, Spybot S&D, etc.

P2P : I don’t use it.
    Imsecure : Last year I had used it in my Yahoo! IM but sad to say nobody else (from my friends) want to use it. I had decided to stop using it since no one supports from them supports it and most of the time I use to surf in the Internet café. True indeed - “but the encryption will only be effective if the utility is used on both ends”.

E-Mail : If it is really important message, I use PGP to encrypt the content.

Windows : Most of the time I used non-Admin user when I connect to the internet. Good thing there is an option “Run As” when I need to make important changes while ONLINE.

Web Browser : I used Firefox (since then I have minimal adware/spyware case in my box.

Active X : disabled in Firefox

Win XP SP2 : I haven’t done it with my Box. I got far as SP1 and the latest update. Hopefully I will do it in the near future.

Definitely a good guide.

an\"to*nym (noun) [Greek: a word used in substitution for another]
    A word of opposite meaning ; a counter-term ; used as a correlative of synonym
    - Dr. Gung-ho