Flash buttons in dreamweaver???
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Flash buttons in dreamweaver???

Flash buttons in dreamweaver???

Hello all!
    I started making a web site with dreamweaver. Everything was going fine untill the moment I tried to use the flash buttons. I go to insert -> media -> flash button. Everything is fine. I get the window with the buttons I can use. I choose one. And on button text I write the name of the button but in cyrillic - they look fine, then I say OK, and the cyrillic text is not anymore to read . Do you have any ideas why?
    When I write text in dreamweaver in bulgarian there is no problem to be read.
    Remember, all I\'m offering is the truth, nothing more.

They call me the Hunted foxyloxley's Avatar
    Do you have the Cyrillic text D/L on your system ?

I would imagine that you do, but you MIGHT have missed it...........

[to run another language that utilises symbols other than the 'standard' MS alphabet, you require that language to be installed on your system.]
    55 - I'm fiftyfeckinfive and STILL no wiser,
    OLDER yes
    Beware of Geeks bearing GIF's
    come and waste the day :P at The Taz Zone

Of course I have! i have all cyrillic text choosed from language and regional options. I can read and write in cyrillic in word and so on. Also I can write in dreamweaver but not in the buttons.
    If I create a flash movie with cyrillic text it is not a problem for flash to recognise it.

Probably because Dreamweaver doesnt support Cyrillic for flash buttons, if it did, you would be able to choose Cyrillic when you go to Insert->Interactive media->Flash button ...

thats my guess !
    StreetsCrack.com Join The Best Music Social Network Online. Music downloads, promotions, forums, profile, games etc...

Flash M0nkey
    ugh flash buttons >.<

why dear god are you trying to use them anyways? is there a velid reason or just a "cause i can"

remember if a user visits your site and they do not have the plugin - bye bye goes your buttons. Also it raises many accasability issues - can screenreaders (used by visually impaired) read flash......dont think so - so oh look you just stopped a whole section of the population using your site!

heh as you can tell from my custom title i aint anti-flash
    but i do believe it has a time/place - and should not be used all the time just cause you can....plus the flash buttons in dreamweaver look like steaming piles of poo! I recemmond a nice graphical (or text menu) with relevant alt/title tags instead

v_Ln

remember if a user visits your site and they do not have the plugin - bye bye goes your buttons.
    Who nowadays has not the plugin for flash?????
    And the reason I want is because they fit well in the disign I want to make for the web site. The old one from 1997 is using text buttons. As I come I want to make new design and I think the flash is the right choose.
    plus the flash buttons in dreamweaver look like steaming piles of poo!
    Most of them yes! But the one I choose are absolutly normal and simple.

Flash M0nkey
    Who nowadays has not the plugin for flash?????
    well there are those people who are still using out-dated browsing software
    those with visual imparments (who use screenreaders - like a txt only broswer)
    People who like Gore who for unkown reasons use a txt only browser
    Some business's (if you have computers numbering in the 100's with user permissions set so only the admin can install/make changes to setup do you think the admin is going to to worry about each computer having the latest version of the flash player plugin?)

I still advise having a flash detection page or something similar and then doing a text version of your menu - your site could have the best content in the world but if people cant navigat to find it they aint going to stick around or visit again

v_Ln

Today I read that the flash player is installed in 98% in the computers.

The unavailability of these particular extended ASCII characters in Flash text and Flash buttons is currently a limitation of this Dreamweaver feature. Note, however, that the characters do display in text on the Dreamweaver page itself.
    http://www.macromedia.com/cfusion/kn...fm?id=tn_15127

A bypass solution would be to create the flash button in another program and import it with the text already embedded.
    There are only two kinds of programming languages: those people always bitch about and those nobody uses.

Regal Making Handler
    Today I read that the flash player is installed in 98% in the computers
    If it were my web site I would be aiming at 100%. The other 2% maybe computers that are interested in your site.

The WWWConsortium did not create standards so that 2% could not make use of the web. They made standards so that 100% could.
    What happens if a big asteroid hits the Earth? Judging from realistic simulations involving a sledge hammer and a common laboratory frog, we can assume it will be pretty bad. - Dave Barry