Thread: Firefox

Angry Firefox

Hi!
    I'm using firefox from more than 2 months. I have nothing to complain, but I would like to ask something what is strange for me.
    When I click update I download the update and start installing it. When I'm ready I go to add/remove programs and I see that there is staying the old version and the new one. Why the update don't uninstall the old version. Does anyone knows? Is that normal?
    Remember, all I\'m offering is the truth, nothing more.

Just Another Geek
    This seems 'normal' for firefox. Just download the new version, uninstall the old one and install the new one.

But I agree the installer should uninstall the old one first automaticly.
    Oliver's Law:
    Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

I am not pretty sure .... But each update is saperate from the another ... that's to say each update does not supplant the previous one ... it consummates the previous one for better performance ....
    \"The only truly secure system is one that is powered off, cast in a block of concrete and sealed in a lead-lined room with armed guards - and even then I have my doubts\".....Spaf
    Everytime I learn a new thing, I discover how ignorant I am.- ... Black Cluster

Just Another Geek
    The last time I updated using the 'auto-update' it downloaded and started the setup. Without clicking on next I first uninstalled the old one. The 'update' installed a full version flawlessly..
    Oliver's Law:
    Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Just a thought................

Are you sure that add/install is telling the truth? sometimes things can get stuck in there, even though they have been uninstalled. This can generally be fixed by cleaning the registry.

Also, are you sure that you have the whole old version, or are they just a few "remains"

Next time you might try the install in safe mode? maybe some files are in use?

Hi Everyone,

According to the Mozilla site when I upgraded to 1.0.2 from 1.0.1 the 1.0.1 upgrade resolved the problem...
    before you had to uninstall the old Firefox before installing the new version...now you no longer have to uninstall according to Mozilla...version 1.0.1 was suppose to have fixed this issue.

Eg

When I installed 1.02 it didn't uninstall the 1.01. But now 1.03 did it! It uninstalled version 1.02 and also 1.01.
    Wel done Firefox!!!
    Remember, all I\'m offering is the truth, nothing more.