Thread: Online Payment Companies

Exclamation Online Payment Companies

Hello,

Which of these Online Payment Companies is the best and why?

1. E-Gold
    2. StormPay
    3. MoneyBookers
    4. PayZip
    5. any others?

I am looking into making a few transaction with some online venders and am trying to figure out which of these types of companies would be the best.

I did not list PayPal because the fruad cases in the state I live in is through the roof and the state AG demanded they (PayPal) open a local office or he would shut them down...

Thank you in advance.

Hi frpeter,

When I first came on the internet one of the first things I was warned about was giving personal information out...especially banking and financial information...

I haven't, nor do I ever intend to purchase anything over the net, if I can't buy it local in a store then I don't want it...

so...to answer your question...none...go to your local department or specialty store that carries what you need...if they don't have it and can't order it in then it's probably a luxury you really don't need anyways.

Eg

EDIT:
    I did not list PayPal because the fruad cases in the state I live in is through the roof and the state AG demanded they (PayPal) open a local office or he would shut them down...
    Perfect example of why you should not do transactions over the net...if you buy something local you have it in your hands and can return it if it's broken or missing pieces, etc...and if you pay cash like I always do, you never have to worry about your personal information.

and if you pay cash like I always do, you never have to worry about your personal information.
    Although i can /applause you, its kinda freak and caveman approach, inst it? Pay everything in cash, dont buy anything thru Internet...
    Frpeter, using credit cards (on a real time basis, using a trusted partner) isnt a option for you?
    Meu sítio

FORMAT C: Yes ...Yes??? ...Nooooo!!! ^C ^C ^C ^C ^C
    If I die before I sleep, I pray the Lord my soul to encrypt.
    If I die before I wake, I pray the Lord my soul to brake.

Hi cacosapo,

You're right that my approach is archaic by today's standards...however, by paying cash ( as I don't use credit cards either ) I don't have the enormous debt loads my friends have either...

we are a debt-ridden society because we spend more than we earn...everyone wants to have what they want right away whether they can afford it or not...and when you die who assumes your debt if your estate is not large enough to cover your debts? Depending on the country...it passes onto your living family.

In principle, if we all practiced fiscal responsibilty ( especially our respective governments ) we would all be better off financially...

so...in short, I do agree with you...but...sometimes old ways are still the better ways!

Eg

********** |ceWriterguy
    It seems that nothing freaks out retail management these days better than good old cash. I use cash only for privacy and other reasons as well, taken to the extreme actually. If I don't have the cash to buy something, I don't buy it - this includes cars, houses, the works. I want nothing to do with loans, credit cards, or even checking accounts (Why should I pay the bank to let me use my money?). It's getting harder and harder to use strictly cash these days, but I manage it.

I'm not the only one out there - here's a lawsuit that's currently going on in my area:

Guy is suing the local trash company because they refused his cash payment.

Who do you think will win? My money is on the guy - that good ol' cashola has 'For all debts, public and private' written on it and it is backed by the 'full faith and credit' of the US Government. The trash company will be forced to forgive his entire debt for refusing cash. I hope there are more suits like this example as we move closer to that ever-elusive 'cashless society' folks tend to dream about. Me? My dreams about that particular topic are nightmares.
    Even a broken watch is correct twice a day.

Which coder said that nobody could outcode Microsoft in their own OS? Write a bit and make a fortune!

Hello,

Thank you for the assist on this. I am looking to advertise my server and unfortunately the advertisers tend to use these methods. One in particular which I have used for years has gone this way to cut expenses and lower their rates.

These methods seem to be on the rise. I have searched the BBB for some of these companies. The BBB gives PayPal an "Upstanding" listing which I know (I have a close and personal friend that PayPal stiffed for $7,000) is a load of BS. StormPay and E-Gold have a negitive listing in the BBB. It seems that there is no way to avoid these altogether, so it becomes a game of choosing the least evil...

Any ideas on which is the least of the evils if one gets stuck aving to use one of them?

Thank you in advance.

Hello,

This is a weird area for me as I have never been stiffed by an internet company, but I've been stiffed by non-internet companies more then once. I guess my success is because I do my homework on researching the companies/people I work with. I do this for both internet and non-internet related... One would think my results would be the opposite....

Its a shame that there is such a cloud of confusion when working with companies nowadays. For me, it seems that the businesses that the BBB gives a high rating to seem to be more likely to stiff the customer (internet and real-world). Kinda make me wonder what service or value the BBB really provide.

Originally posted here by Egaladeist

Perfect example of why you should not do transactions over the net...if you buy something local you have it in your hands and can return it if it's broken or missing pieces, etc...and if you pay cash like I always do, you never have to worry about your personal information.

They call me the Hunted foxyloxley's Avatar
    as we move closer to that ever-elusive 'cashless society'
    Move CLOSER............... I'm already there It always amazes me just how much month is left at the end of the 'months' salary !!!!!!

In principle, if we all practiced fiscal responsibilty ( especially our respective governments )
    And just HOW, EXACTLY, are we supposed to fund wars

[edit]
    Like FrPeter, I've never had a problem with on-line purchasing.
    It's that face to face stuff. THAT'S where they can pull the wool over your eyes
    so now I'm in my SIXTIES FFS
    WTAF, how did that happen, so no more alterations to the sig, it will remain as is now

Beware of Geeks bearing GIF's
    come and waste the day :P at The Taz Zone