Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Security websites taken down by unhappy hackers

Hoglund runs rootkit on a machine at his home, so I doubt he was the bandwidth or hardware to deal with any type of DOS attack. Also 500 nodes can quite destructive, the real question is what kind of bandwidth each node has available. The right 500 could be far more powerful than the wrong 5000. Anyway, Hoglund is cool as ****, **** those lame ass spyware bitches.

-Maestr0
    \"If computers are to become smart enough to design their own successors, initiating a process that will lead to God-like omniscience after a number of ever swifter passages from one generation of computers to the next, someone is going to have to write the software that gets the process going, and humans have given absolutely no evidence of being able to write such software.\" -Jaron Lanier

Banned
    i have a question about all those denials, do any of them still actually work? i know ddos does of course. but i haven't heard of SYN etc being used in years.

Banned
    wouldn't these "unhappy hackers" also have demoted themselves to "script kiddies"?

Master-Jedi-Pimps0r & Moderator thehorse13's Avatar
    have a question about all those denials, do any of them still actually work? i know ddos does of course. but i haven't heard of SYN etc being used in years.
    wouldn't these "unhappy hackers" also have demoted themselves to "script kiddies"?
    I think the only thing funnier than these retarded statements is your bio in your profile.
    Our scars have the power to remind us that our past was real. -- Hannibal Lecter.
    Talent is God given. Be humble. Fame is man-given. Be grateful. Conceit is self-given. Be careful. -- John Wooden

Originally posted here by thehorse13
    I think the only thing funnier than these retarded statements is your bio in your profile.
    It's Dani Filth

The best solution to this is still the same old way. Lets get out and fight it out. (A game of counter-strike, losser make public apology to the winner.) Even if you use a firewall, it has its limit on the number of packet it can handle effectively. The bottle neck can be everywhere. The webserver, firewall or any other equipment at the Internet provider side.

Blast From the Past
    i think its kinda stupid in the first place, this is the perfect example of a flame war reaching critical mass....

"they made spyware"
    'we did no such thing, apologize"
    "no, we have proof"
    "ATTACK"

*thats how i understand whats going on*

the human mind really suprises me... someone so intelligent as to find an exploit or program advanced code can be reduced to " il hax0r your c0mpy you n00b, sux0r this for i am 1337"

its depressing
    work it harder, make it better, do it faster, makes us stronger

Hi hex,

the human mind really suprises me... someone so intelligent as to find an exploit or program advanced code can be reduced to " il hax0r your c0mpy you n00b, sux0r this for i am 1337"
    Unfortunately education and intelligence does not coincide with maturity and integrity...otherwise the world would be a much different place to live in...

that being said...sometimes the only course of action is to strike back after the first blow has been struck!

Eg