Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Forgot web proxy address, Someone tell it

sunday11a

Forgot web proxy address, Someone tell it

Somewhere, i exactly donot remember, on this site or somewhere else i got across a web address which served as a proxy.... The address contained i think "thevirutal" somewhere in it. It was a web page in which you typed the address of the site you wanted to visit and select some options like having cookies, scripts, mime headers...etc.

Does anyone know the address.. Please tell me

Good Day,

Just put "Web Proxy" into the google search and you'll see gads of them. Here's a few:

www.the-cloak.com/

www.guardster.com

www.anonymiser.co.uk/

www.anonymizer.com/

cheers

edit:
    The address contained i think "thevirutal" somewhere in it.
    Usually used as "the vitutal machine". Maybe not too unusual, but it's interesting. The word "Virtutal" is generally used in conjunction with a Proxy (Java) Machine. Just for info, written in "C" the caching is based on Squid and the transcoding uses the Java Native Interface (JNI). Bet you wanted to know that.
    Connection refused, try again later.

tor

if you don't want to deal with the hassles of proxies and would rather have it done for you you should check out TOR (tor.eff.org) it bounces you through hosts (each bounce has a different encryption key) i find it to be faster/as fast as many proxies and it's free. The most recent verion for windows is pretty good. I've attached tor and proxynator. Proxynator (if it works on your system) finds proxies. Another good proxy-finder tool is proxyrama. (you have to use an app like privoxy on your machine for tor to work (see tor.eff.org)

AO Ancient: Team Leader
    I would only use a proxy in extreme circumstances. They are so slow usually that I get bored waiting. The fact that some remote webmaster knows your IP address is hardly an issue to be worried about in almost all circumstances.
    Don\'t SYN us.... We\'ll SYN you.....
    \"A nation that draws too broad a difference between its scholars and its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards, and its fighting done by fools.\" - Thucydides

sunday11a
    Relyt it is nothing in relation to JNI

Bracket i of tor a bit

What actually i m looking for is a site, in whose address there was this "thevirtual" word also. I think i saw the link on this site itself in some thread. And this site was quite fast. It was very like anonymizer, but not exactly that.

If it wasn't too long ago that you visited this website you could check through your History in your web browser ...That's if you haven't clear your history .... Giving a bit more details would also help a lot ...
    Operation Cyberslam
    \"I\'ve noticed that everybody that is for abortion has already been born.\" Author Unknown
    Microsoft Shared Computer Toolkit
    Proyecto Ututo EarthCam

\"The only truly secure system is one that is powered off, cast in a block of concrete and sealed in a lead-lined room with armed guards - and even then I have my doubts\".....Spaf
    Everytime I learn a new thing, I discover how ignorant I am.- ... Black Cluster

sunday11a
    Agent_Steal it was some time back i saw that link maybe around 1 month back. In that same page there were some other proxy links also.
    In the address "virtual" word was for sure.
    Thanks anyway

Just a Virtualized Geek MrLinus's Avatar
    Goodbye, Mittens (1992-2008). My pillow will be cold without your purring beside my head
    Extra! Extra! Get your FREE copy of Insight Newsletter||MsMittens' HomePage

Better late than never

Better late than never.

or somewhere else i got across a web address which served as a proxy....
    - Hmmm...

If virtual proxy you mean try this - http://fileforum.betanews.com/detail...y/1078301721/1

Otherwise, if it is a web address serving as proxy, or something similar I think,
    From download.com - Proxy Probe 4.0 - http://www.download.com/Proxy-Probe/...ml?tag=lst-0-4

Proxy Probe 4.0 automatically finds and tests hundreds of proxy servers downloaded from websites in minutes. The Proxy Hop feature enables your internet browser (Mozilla, Firebird, Opera or Internet Explorer to name the most popular) to hop between tested proxies providing you with protection and privacy from malicious websites. VProxy Probe 4.0 enables support for all the most popular browsers and introduces new privacy features including custom User Agent and referer/cookie stripping.
    Further,
    You need...
    It was a web page in which you typed the address of the site you wanted to visit and select some options like having cookies, scripts, mime headers...etc.
    The details here - http://srjkeng.com/shop/product_info.php?products_id=28

Check it out and hope it could help.

[edit - Oppppps... didn't noticed this -
    Apparently to be removed from the market in December, 2004.
    . Sorryyy.]

-GONE
    an\"to*nym (noun) [Greek: a word used in substitution for another]
    A word of opposite meaning ; a counter-term ; used as a correlative of synonym
    - Dr. Gung-ho