Thread: system freezes...

system freezes...

Hi, i bought new rig just few days back and was very happy untill this problem surfaced up.
    my sys specs. are:-
    Win XP simple
    MSI ATI RS480/RX480 mobo
    AMD 64 3200+
    512 DDR 400 Kingston

now the problem is, it freezes suddenly (no BSOD) and when i restart it, it gets stuck at initial boot screen. i tried removing RAM module and clearing BIOS which helped. but problem still persists. any help would be appreciated. Thank you.
    Half The Time I Don\'t Know What I\'m Talkin\' About, And Even Worse, I Don\'t Know Which Half

Sounds heat related. What do you eventually do to get it to boot back up? Let it cool off?

Yea...kind of..i never waited for that..when it happend for the first time..i reset BIOS and then it restarted...
    Half The Time I Don\'t Know What I\'m Talkin\' About, And Even Worse, I Don\'t Know Which Half

Do your bios have any thermal readings in it?

If it is only a few days old it should be under warranty...............take it back

AOs Resident Troll
    I Agree With NIHIL...Take it back!!!!!

Sounds like the chip is overheating, or you video card?...should not be happening on a new machine,

MLF
    How people treat you is their karma- how you react is yours-Wayne Dyer

hmmm..Lets see what they have to say about it..thx anyway.

They call me the Hunted foxyloxley's Avatar
    If it hadn't been new, suggestions would have been more to open and check the CPU heatsink was properly fitted, and that the CPU heatsink fan was running.

Same re:- GPU.

BUT : as it is a new system, take it back. I assume you have the Lemon law over there ?

Lemon law was started for car buyers, but is for items purchased that cost more than $25.
    so now I'm in my SIXTIES FFS
    WTAF, how did that happen, so no more alterations to the sig, it will remain as is now

Beware of Geeks bearing GIF's
    come and waste the day :P at The Taz Zone

I still say take it back, but you might look at the system and application logs to see if it tells you anything?

Also, clearing the BIOS is not the "normal" solution...............are you trying to overclock it

Set everything back to factory defaults

AFLAAACKKK!!
    I had a very similar problem... I would be working on my computer when all of a sudden it would completly freeze up. I would restart it and would get the continuous POST beeps which means RAM problem. So I laid my computer down flat on it's side, so the motherboard was also laying down flat, and it would work until I moved it vertical again... it would just freeze up again. The post beeps indicated RAM problem, but I had a hunch it was the mobo, so I switched the mobo with a good one and it worked just fine...

Just thought I'd share my experience... Now that I think of it I could have tried cleaning the RAM slots out with compressed air first...
    I am the uber duck!!1
    Proxy Tools