Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: www.elitec0ders.Net up to no good?

Maestr0 is right...

AV programs are doing their job, and are picking up potentially dangerous files. and writing to them will do no good, becasue they dont care. Unless you are a BIG company that holds some weight behind your words and could effect their bottom line they will not chage their product to work with yours. Especially since the vast majority of users will NEVER use this product...ever.
    Everyone is going to die, I am just as good of a reason as any.

http://think-smarter.blogspot.com

King Tutorial-ankhamun
    Originally posted here by Maestr0
    So, let me get this straight..... You downloaded a file that.... well, basically it
    STEALS PASSWORDS. And now you're freaked out because Symantec thinks that this file
    STEALS PASSWORDS. Hmmmm.

Seriously, think about it. Symantec will quarantine Foundstone tools and countless others (You've never seen this before?) because if you DONT know what the program is doing on your machine, its probably not good. If you downloaded it and you know that its used to STEAL PASSWORDS, what the hell is the problem?

PS. I ran them both, they did not attempt to add any registry keys.
    PPS. I also doubt its based on the filename, but on the methods and behavior of the file. I think Symantec is correct in detecting this behavior as potentially malicious, because potentially IT IS.

-Maestr0
    Read the description that Symantec gave for what the Trojan is suppose to do, it’s way beyond the stated goal of the app. I’m willing to believe it’s a false positive, but since I have the source code and compiled a version that works why bother with it? Also, the source code makes one binary, why does the zip contain two?

zip contains one with GUI and one with command line , command line exe have small size , just for
    hacking purpose , that is all , didnt u read the readm e ?

King Tutorial-ankhamun
    Didn't matter, the source you gave me could only be to one of them (the gui one).

well i think this topic need to be closed , bc now all know sematec gives false alert and the files downloaded from my site are clean ,wont do any harm ,just display ps
    so this topic must close , why arguing agian ??