Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: CAN U CRACK A 128 BIT ENCRYPTION...things that make u go "hmmmm"

Talking CAN U CRACK A 128 BIT ENCRYPTION...things that make u go "hmmmm"

How easy would it be to crack a 128 bit encryption?

The most simple answer would be yes. It mainly boils down to knowing how the encrytion works, what type it is. As well as your computing power and just TIME. There are some very strong encryption schemes out there that are near impossible to crack today, but in a few years the power of the stronger PCs will reduce the amount of time that it will take.

There are may different types of attacks agains encrytion, just depends which way you want to go :-)

Also, from some articles I have read, 128 has been cracked for certain algorythms already :-)
    \"Common Sense, isn\'t that common\"
    \"It is a lot easier to raise a child then it is to repair an adult\"
    -Kruptos

Re: CAN U CRACK A 128 BIT ENCRYPTION...things that make u go "hmmmm"

There's more than a plethoric amount of bandwidth and sluttish processor time to go around.

Talking

CAN U CRACK A 128 BIT ENCRYPTION??

Heck No....

I can hardly crack open a beer.
    ZT3000
    Beta tester of "0"s and "1"s"

Just put a gun to my head and let a girl give me a ******* at the same time and i''l crack it under 60 seconds

Swordfish
    O.G at A.O

well, IBM is now selling use of their systems. You can buy processing time for 1 dollar an hour. So I would say.... Yeah.....

Originally posted here by whizkid2300
    well, IBM is now selling use of their systems. You can buy processing time for 1 dollar an hour. So I would say.... Yeah.....
    So how much power would that be.
    Since the beginning of time, Man has searched for the answers to the big questions: \'How did we get here?\' \'Is there life after death?\' \'Are we alone?\' But today, in this very theatre, you will be asked to answer the biggest question of them all...WHO LIVES IN A PINEAPPLE UNDER THE SEA?

Hoopy Frood
    Moonwolf:
    IBM's Blue Gene/L computers, which use thousands of low-powered microprocessors and can achieve extremely fast computational speeds while consuming relatively little power, are shooting up the list of the world's fastest machines. A Blue Gene/L system at IBM in Rochester, Minn., rated at 11.68 teraflops is the world's fourth fastest, according to the survey. No. 8 on the list is an 8.65 teraflops system at IBM's Watson Research Center in Yorktown Heights, N.Y. IBM says a Blue Gene/L system being assembled at Lawrence Livermore Lab will be the world's fastest computer when it's completed next year, clocking in at 64 teraflops.
    Source: http://nwc.serverpipeline.com/technology/22101264

And it is the Blue Gene/L supercomputers that you'd be renting, as confirmed by this article: http://news.zdnet.co.uk/hardware/ser...9190972,00.htm

Definition of a Teraflop: A trillion floating-point computing instructions per second, a measure of the enormous number of operations carried out by the most advanced supercomputers today (tera=trillion).
    http://www.wiley.com/college/busin/i...c/glossary.htm

- Xierox
    "Personality is only ripe when a man has made the truth his own."

-- Søren Kierkegaard

In light of this information.

Yes you can crack 128 bit encryption.
    Since the beginning of time, Man has searched for the answers to the big questions: \'How did we get here?\' \'Is there life after death?\' \'Are we alone?\' But today, in this very theatre, you will be asked to answer the biggest question of them all...WHO LIVES IN A PINEAPPLE UNDER THE SEA?

its crackable its time thats the problem, theres severly ways -

brute force - this would take ages

weakness in the algothim - good at maths?

side channel attacks - if the encryption is done in a dedicated microprocessor, then unlike the ideal mathmatical equations, you can measure the power comsumed by the chip and use statistics to figure out a key.

i2c