Thread: Open Source Spyware

Open Source Spyware

KSpyware is (I think) the first open source spyware available on the net.

Why I developped KSpyware?

In order to show how easy spywares can be developped and for fun. Besides, like I stopped to develop virus/worms, I prefer starting to develop spywares and others malwares that don't destroy data.
    http://nzeka-labs.com/hacking/KSpyware.htm

Oh.. also, check out this pretty interesting article about Spyware Keyloggers.
    http://securityfocus.com/infocus/1829
    Quitmzilla is a firefox extension that gives you stats on how long you have quit smoking, how much money you\'ve saved, how much you haven\'t smoked and recent milestones. Very helpful for people who quit smoking and used to smoke at their computers... Helps out with the urges.

Oh brother!!! That's about all I can say....well that and I hope someone infects HIS PC with spyware.

Thanks phish, good article about keyloggers.

OPEN SOURCE SPYWARE... I think open source virii are not too far.
    \"And life is what we make it. Always has been, always will be.\"

Although I don't mind him trying to write spyware for 'educational' purposes.

This is a bit over the top, if you want to show other what you did fine. But this is like throwing it to the skiddies by the spoonfull.

We don't need any more spyware.

-WTF opensouce virii ? Thats there already, and source code for lots of old and new viruses are avialeble everywhere, maybe not gpl'ed but its out there anyway.
    Since the beginning of time, Man has searched for the answers to the big questions: \'How did we get here?\' \'Is there life after death?\' \'Are we alone?\' But today, in this very theatre, you will be asked to answer the biggest question of them all...WHO LIVES IN A PINEAPPLE UNDER THE SEA?

This is nothing scary , as SC was shared by coders for a long time , this time the kiddies will have it , but most of them dont know how to compile a program. I dont think it is scary , YET .

-WTF opensouce virii ? Thats there already, and source code for lots of old and new viruses are avialeble everywhere, maybe not gpl'ed but its out there anyway.
    Seriously I wasn't aware of that.
    \"And life is what we make it. Always has been, always will be.\"

Banned
    yes, there is source code for virii from christ i dont even remember.....i use to have 1.44's of virii source code from the mid 80's-late 90's.....mostly ASM and C but now they use vbs etc etc. you can get source for the newer worms/virii if you look hard enough.