Thread: Quick File copy via diskette solution?

Question Quick File copy via diskette solution?

I need some ideas pretty quickly here:

(I've done this in the past with some old program, I've since seem to have lost)

Scenario:

Out of State Client:
    Has multiple specific files of undeterminable file size in multiple directories on a Win NT 4 workstation box which must be moved to a new Win XP box, into the exact same named directories they came from.

There is no CD burner, network access, remote control, or jumpdrive to and from old and new computer.
    Hence 1.44mb floppies is the transportation mode of choice.

Some of the files will have to be accessed using filena** (wildcards, 8.3 naming), since we don't know the exact name. Also there might be some files in the directories we just simply don't want, but don't know their names.

What batch method (or simple program) can I use to copy all those files (might be larger than a floppy so I need to split them), transport them by a floppy, and put them in their respective folders without missing one or botching the job??

How do I do the work, so it's almost a "simple click on this batch file and the job is done" kind of job? (Don't want to confuse the end user)

Thanks.

(Should I start looking harder for that program??)
    ZT3000
    Beta tester of "0"s and "1"s"

copy c:\directory\*.* a:\ /s /e

??

that would do it....i don't knoe when the disk gets full....
    O.G at A.O

Exclamation

Unfortunately, it won't meet my needs, ©opy®ight.

I need a solution that copies specific files, not all of them, that can split large files to floppy size and put all that on another computer cleanly using the same diskette over and over.
    ZT3000
    Beta tester of "0"s and "1"s"

I believe WinZIP is able to do that. Look it up, ill do it later for i have no time right now. or was it WinRAR, just looks those two up, i think they have that capability..
    O.G at A.O

To continue with what MemorY was saying, you need to create a spanned disk archive. WinZIp will do it. ANd it has a fancy easy to use wizard. You may even be able to create something self extracting that'll put em in the right place.