Begining of the Universe: What are your opinions/theories?
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Begining of the Universe: What are your opinions/theories?

Begining of the Universe: What are your opinions/theories?

Just wondering what you guys here thought about the begining of the universe... Big bang has been basically knocked out of being a good theory by most astrologists due to the huge superclusters that do not follow the "equal spreading of matter" in the big bang theory.

I am not really sure what to believe, I haven't seen enough turning evidence for any one theory to get me to believe one thing... Oh well, gives me a more open mind towards new theories I suppose.
    [H]ard|OCP <--Best hardware/gaming news out there--|
    pwned.nl <--Gamers will love this one --|
    Light a man a fire and you\'ll keep him warm for a day, Light a man ON fire and you\'ll keep him warm the rest of his life.

Still fan of the big band/followed by infinite spreading of matter in the universe with an 'end' result of a gigantic mutlpile times the size of the current unisverse semi-vacuum.
    Since the beginning of time, Man has searched for the answers to the big questions: \'How did we get here?\' \'Is there life after death?\' \'Are we alone?\' But today, in this very theatre, you will be asked to answer the biggest question of them all...WHO LIVES IN A PINEAPPLE UNDER THE SEA?

T̙͓̞̣̯ͦͭͅͅȂͧͭͧ̏̈͏̖̖Z̿ ͆̎̄
    Hi The Grunt,

Well...that depends on how you define the word universe? As the " known " universe or the unknown universe? Everything that occupys Space, known or unknown? Or...the possibility that there exists something beyond space that may include Space as simply an element in itself? Etc...

Eg

Astrology and Astronomy are two VERY different things. The big bang theory is flawed but so is electron theory. At first it was though matter would be distributed fairly uniform. And it seems to be but time and gravity shape and warp space.
    West of House
    You are standing in an open field west of a white house, with a boarded front door.
    There is a small mailbox here.

I look at the material universe ...that is...everything that exists with substance regardless of how miniscule or of unknown fabric in terms of a single body that works upon the same basic principles of a single body...
    that is...it is born, it grows, it dies...it has a genetic makeup...a DNA...that forms it and determines it's existence...
    inside this body there are bodies...that seemingly work independantly of each other but are in reality very interdependant...
    and we...are not completely unlike the various forms of cells and viril that exist to work, feed and use the body in which we survive.

Kinda puts a cramp in the superior being theory doesn't it! Have we greatly misunderstood the value of our own existance? cough!....Yea!

Man's concept of god arises from this natural feeling that we are connected to something much larger than ourselves...
    think in terms of us being a cell in the body, with the ability to think and form opinions, our world ( our universe ) would be massive in terms of our size...we would move independantly of other cells yet not be independant of them or our universe...if we pondered our existence we would come to believe that there is nothing beyond what we see in our world...yet still feel that something larger exists beyond us...the fact we cannot see the body of the human that contains us does not negate it's existence.
    Just a thought to ponder.

If you look at the universe from the perspective that it is essentially the internal organs and body of that which we refer to as god...and we were created not by god persay but as a direct result of it's own DNA...then the concept of god, our place, and our universe seems so much different than we originally thought.

Originally posted here by RoadClosed
    Astrology and Astronomy are two VERY different things. The big bang theory is flawed but so is electron theory. At first it was though matter would be distributed fairly uniform. And it seems to be but time and gravity shape and warp space.
    Thing is, according to the big bang theory the universe is one time old, and scientific calculations say that those large masses of galaxies could not have formed in that time range.
    [H]ard|OCP <--Best hardware/gaming news out there--|
    pwned.nl <--Gamers will love this one --|
    Light a man a fire and you\'ll keep him warm for a day, Light a man ON fire and you\'ll keep him warm the rest of his life.

The age of the universe is also in constant arguement. What is the general basis behind your statement Grunt? I am curious. You realize there are also theories that the universe was formed in a very short time?

Egal, what if god is a seperate body outside our universe. The keeper of Bags. (reference to another thread). Wait, you will argue we are also part of that body. I retract my statement.
    West of House
    You are standing in an open field west of a white house, with a boarded front door.
    There is a small mailbox here.

First...just to clarify my stand for those who don't read my posts and see this out of context ( this is not a reference to yourself...but others )...I do not ever say whether god is an entity of a personal or non-personal nature...because we simply cannot know that...

if you believe that god is a personal entity then you will pray to it, adore it, and worship it...if you believe it is just an intelligent orderer of all that exists then you will not...if you don't believe in either god, that everything is just random unrelated incidences, then you obviously haven't studied the subject in any form...and are just relying on your own, obviously, superior opinions.

Hi RoadClosed,

In the context of the above statement, and statements that I have made previously, there is no question that god exists...whether or not you can personally interact with this god is a matter of opinion...whether or not this god really cares whether you live or die, get rich or suffer endlessly is also a matter of opinion.

Essentially we live, as cells live inside of us, inside of the body of god...everything that exists lives within this body...and everything that exists is created essentially from the DNA ( for lack of a better term ) of this body according to it's own structure...there is no thing that exists outside of this body, known or unknown.

Eg

They call me the Hunted foxyloxley's Avatar
    ...if you don't believe in either god, that everything is just random unrelated incidences, then you obviously haven't studied the subject in any form...and are just relying on your own, obviously, superior opinions.
    Got ME down pat
    55 - I'm fiftyfeckinfive and STILL no wiser,
    OLDER yes
    Beware of Geeks bearing GIF's
    come and waste the day :P at The Taz Zone

I should also point out that I always use the word god in lower case letters for a reason...because the word itself is wrought with many falicies and fantasies...in most cases I prefer to use the word Order, but then most people don't know what I'm talking about.

When I say " god " I'm not speaking in terms of common usage.

Hi foxyloxley,

Blasphemy!