Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: I need viruses/worms/adware/spyware

whatsa mater JustANewb...did a teacher pi@@ you off...a girl ditch you...the principal threaten to expell you...another kid in class rained on your parade...can't get your hands on a machine gun?

your profile is very telling...one thing I've noticed about you guys since I've been here...your profile is virtually worthless...which means two things...

1. you have no intention of becoming a part of this community

2. you want to do something either illegal or ethically wrong

Lol funny.
    Well I just havent gotten around to editing my profile yet.
    I do plan on becoming part of the community.
    Nothing illegal is being done either.
    And I do know what you are implying, that I am mad at the school and I want to "hurt" their computers.
    I have no intention on doing anything to harm the schools computers, just doing what I was told to do.
    ;D

EDIT!
    Actually the part though that I did not get would be why would I harm the schools computer if a girl "ditched" me?
    WELL ANYWAYS, Yea.

EDIT 2!
    Ok well I updated my profile, just if you were wondering, and what I did put in it is 100% truthful
    I have nothing that is needed to be hidden, some of the stuff I just didnt want to put on it because I do not want to be bothered on AIM/Yahoo and such OR on a personal website.

AFLAAACKKK!!
    You like flooding and booting people on AIM? wow your lame...
    I am the uber duck!!1
    Proxy Tools

Your teacher will have given you a synopsis for the exercise?
    how about posting it here..

I am not being vindictive..or untrusting.. I realy do think that if you were to do this perhaps we may have a better understanding..

Take some of what we have said here back to your teacher.. I would be interesed in the reply.. (pleas ethe technical comments and questions)
    "Consumer technology now exceeds the average persons ability to comprehend how to use it..give up hope of them being able to understand how it works." - Me http://www.cybercrypt.co.nr

Greeting's

No offence but.. This is what your profile say's

Gaming, Anime, Web Design, Flooding/Booting/Loading on AIM BNet Yahoo and such

and with such inspiring interest's where you use a software written by someone else who has taken the liberty to also write a few lines that he know's you'll never understand which also makes the booter a trojan horse (type of virii).. after all this you expect us to trust you with projects where you have to "FIND A EFFECTIVE FREE ANTIVIRUS BY INFECTING THE ENTIRE NETWROK".

If you really want to know which antivirus is good read some of the members comments and better still visit site's like http://www.virusbtn.com/. such sites test anti-virus in much better way then you ever can and then certify them but i am not saying to have blind faith on them.

Anyway best of luck with your project.
    Parth Maniar,
    CISSP, CISM, CISA, SSCP

*Thank you GOD*

Greater the Difficulty, SWEETER the Victory.

Believe in yourself.

I must say that this sounds like the most ill-conceived exercise I have ever heard of.

Most of what you will find will not be zero day, it will be old stuff that anti-malware programs are virtually certain to detect.

You might however find one or two that will flash your BIOS as an added bonus .............I would like to see deepfreeze get you out of that.

Also if you stuff a machine full of malware how will you know what has done what to it? Not a particularly good learning process.

Anyway, the main purpose of an AV is to prevent infection, not remove them when it is too late.

I would recommend that you visit the major AV companies websites and make a note of who gives them certificates. Then visit those sites and carefully study their descriptions of their testing methods.

You will find that they use a good proportion of "new" malware that they have created for test purposes. That would suggest that you really need to get the source code and modify it, or write your own from scratch.

Whatever you do, you must not use a live production network.............if you need to test network awareness, do it on a system that is set up on its own, purely for the purpose.

Oh yea and that is actually the reason we got into this subject, the teacher claims that 90% of the techs he knows that he talks to get most of their customers having problems including such ware. So we should find out how to repair computers from things like viruses
    Well I bet 90% of them are faced with the usual "customer doesn't want to pay" scenario.............so they just reformat and re-install, because that is all they have time to do at the price the customer will pay. It doesn't take long for a technician to rack up the price of a new machine so we are driven by market forces most of the time.

Lol this is funny.
    I am using VMWare, basically NOT DIRECTLY ON A REAL COMPUTER.
    A Virtual Machine, that is where the VM part comes from, you should probably checkout the product.
    The Virtual Machine is what I am going to infect.
    I am not trying to directly infect the network either, that is just an after effect that may happen.
    Lol and who said I use others programs to boot?

EDIT
    and thanks for helping me with some suggestions for free antivirus software.

/me smacks JustANewb

I am using VMWare, basically NOT DIRECTLY ON A REAL COMPUTER.
    WTF!?

I am not trying to directly infect the network either, that is just an after effect that may happen.
    Ummm.... ok - but *why* would you even attempt to do a project that may infect the entire network??? Methinks you've never had the "prvilege" of disinfecting a compromised network...

Well, I usually try to give people the benefit of a doubt - but I think you're full of it - do yourself a favor and *shut up* before you get yourself banned - you're just digging yourself in deeper...

-Wiski
    My Corner of the Intarwebz: Jeremy Dean Online