http://www.securityfocus.com/news/10940

A panel of teenagers speaking at the Computers, Freedom and Privacy Conference told attendees on Friday that they are far more in tune with technology than their parents and have come to understand the issues of security and privacy on the Internet largely without any guidance from educators or their parents.
"My mom has blocked the TV, the computer and I'm not allowed to listen to a lot of radio stations right now," said Elizabeth. "It is a very bizarre experience for me. I really feel like she doesn't trust me anymore. She hasn't demanded my password, but I know that she knows it, and I'm pretty sure she has gone onto my computer."
Sounds like this mom has lost it. She's trying to isolate her daughter from everything but her daughter will go off to college soon then what? I guess mom will go with her. You'd think she'd want her daughter to know how to deal with things instead of sticking her head in the sand. I think a lot of parents don't understand what's going on but don't want to ask for help.

My kids are young so I have a few years, any parents of teens want to tackle this one?