Thread: Some doubts with JSP

Some doubts with JSP

Hello Guys!
    I am new to learning JSP, and As I was going through the tutorial, I was instructed to install a web server.
    I already have JBOSS running on my system, but I really do not know how can this be used, for JSP. Well, from the questions below you can know that I am new to this.
    Following are the questions that I want to clear:

1. What is the difference between JSP and other programming language like ‘c’, or ‘java’.
    2. Why do we need the server to learn and run JSP.
    3. Are there any additional things that I need to know that are used to learn JSP.

I have the knowledge of ‘c’ programming language and ‘Java’ programming language, and I am using eclipse as IDE. And I also have the knowledge of HTML.
    One more thing, if you could recommend some good JSP tutorial.

Any sort of Help will be appreciated.
    Thanks In Advance
    Harbir
    U get What U pay for.

Re: Some doubts with JSP

Originally posted here by harbir
    Hello Guys!
    I am new to learning JSP, and As I was going through the tutorial, I was instructed to install a web server.
    I already have JBOSS running on my system, but I really do not know how can this be used, for JSP. Well, from the questions below you can know that I am new to this.
    Following are the questions that I want to clear:

1. What is the difference between JSP and other programming language like ‘c’, or ‘java’.
    2. Why do we need the server to learn and run JSP.
    3. Are there any additional things that I need to know that are used to learn JSP.

I have the knowledge of ‘c’ programming language and ‘Java’ programming language, and I am using eclipse as IDE. And I also have the knowledge of HTML.
    One more thing, if you could recommend some good JSP tutorial.

Any sort of Help will be appreciated.
    Thanks In Advance
    Harbir
    1. Unlike Java/C they are programming languages use to build desktop applications whereas JSP is used in building web application usually coupled with beans and servlets.

2. Tomcat is the most common webserver used to run jsp. The server executes the server-side language and displays the content to the user. Example, display records from database.

3. http://java.sun.com will be your best place to start learning jsp stuffs.