Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: P*roxy_Avoidance

nah we didnt scare him away I dont think. But its 9:30 in the morning here which measn school is in session. lol. (we are both in hawaii).
    Everyone is going to die, I am just as good of a reason as any.

http://think-smarter.blogspot.com

AO Ancient: Team Leader
    When I was in 10th grade Oxford University had a computer.... They were the only one's that could afford one.

Olivetti were making a computer with no volatile storage and the only output device was via a built in printer. You had to type your program in _every_ time you turned on the computer and the output was purely print. Oxford University owned it too but they were kind enough to lend it to us for a couple of weeks.... It was a "portable".... The size of a small suitcase and three times as heavy... <LOL>

Spell checkers didn't exist when I was in school... We had to learn or we failed

When I was doing my flying training we had 10 minutes _every_ morning to work our way through 100 calculations as accurately as we could. It didn't matter if you finished - the accuracy was the key. One of my colleagues "complained", the conversation went like this:-

Student: Why can't we use a calculator for this crap?
    Instructor: Because one day, when you need it most, the batteries will be flat.
    Student: Sir, it's a solar powered calculator....
    Instructor: It'll be ****ing night time son, get on with the test!!!!!

He proved the point of a proper education IMO.....
    Don\'t SYN us.... We\'ll SYN you.....
    \"A nation that draws too broad a difference between its scholars and its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards, and its fighting done by fools.\" - Thucydides

Student: Why can't we use a calculator for this crap?
    Instructor: Because one day, when you need it most, the batteries will be flat.
    Student: Sir, it's a solar powered calculator....
    Instructor: It'll be ****ing night time son, get on with the test!!!!!
    that is AWESOME. lol

One daughter is tired of my comments regarding looking for information.. This is to the point. we had a parent teacher interview recently .. on a recent exam a particularly dificult question she ran out of time.. the answer she Gave..
    WWW.GOOGLE.COM I'm Bloody busy
    .. She does listen to me after all..

While training as an electronics Tech, our instructor was working on the subject of tools. His opening statement was to the effect. Every trade and occupation has tools to carry out the day to day tasks, and for special functions. These tools could be a soldering iron, a screwdriver, jackhammer, or a condom. Each is has a function in your occupation, and they are only useful and safest to you WHEN YOU KNOW how to use them CORRECTLY.

www.google.com
    Spell Checker
    Calculaters
    Ask a professional .

All tools.. but if your brain is turned off.. as useful as a bag of ****.. the wrong answer is still the wrong answer..when you're inputting the wrong information, or dont check the returned information.

"Consumer technology now exceeds the average persons ability to comprehend how to use it..give up hope of them being able to understand how it works." - Me http://www.cybercrypt.co.nr

just goes to show...you dont need to know all the answers, you just need to know where to find all the answers.

but 2 questions undertaker. 1. did you laugh? and 2. did she get credit, lol.

but 2 questions undertaker. 1. did you laugh? and 2. did she get credit, lol.
    1/ initially no.. but a dig in the ribs from Mrs Undies, she saw the joke. .... ..2/ she did pass the exam.. the teacher was more concerned about the use of the word bloody..so I dont know about the credits for that question..

you dont need to know all the answers, you just need to know where to find all the answers
    I will add to that.. Änd determine which pieces of information are part of the answer.
    "Consumer technology now exceeds the average persons ability to comprehend how to use it..give up hope of them being able to understand how it works." - Me http://www.cybercrypt.co.nr