Gmail Hack

Thread: Gmail Hack

Gmail Hack

Software designed to exploit the much lauded Gmail service has been released this week. Aptly named "Gmail Hack" the software performs Dictionary and Brute Force Attacks against a GMail email account.

The software is a windows based application that requires no technical knowledge to use. The only information you need to be able to crack a users account is their username (the first part of their @gmail.com address).

The developers AusPhreak, an Australian based hacking group, have developed the software to be simple to use, enabling anyone, not simply ardent hackers to follow a three step process to cracking/hacking into a users account.

The full article can be found at below link....

http://www.webpronews.com/enterprise...inghacked.html
    There are many rewarding oppurtunities awaiting composure from like minds and great ideas. It in my objective to interconnect great things.

Does GMail not lock accounts after a number of invalid login attempts? I don't use it but I figured that they would. I believe Hotmail does. I know atleast the password recovery option for hotmail does, as I have had to aid people in recovering their passwords numberous times and they never seem to be able to remember what secret information they used.

Google closed that hole within a week or two of that tool coming out. If you try to use it you will find that it stops accepting login requests from you after four or five bad password guesses. Actually I think they make you enter a code on the screen similiar to what yahoo does on new account activation. Which basically stops brute force attacks.

The lesson here- use better passwords.

Oh dear........

This is 22 April 2005

Stuff that belongs a year back should be left there?

Flash M0nkey

wow..................
    [shadow]Life\'s[/shadow] [blur]A Biotch[/blur] [gloworange]and then u die so [/gloworange] [glowpurple]F**k the world lets all get high[/glowpurple]

I apologize. Paranoia inhibited my logical thinking abilities.
    There are many rewarding oppurtunities awaiting composure from like minds and great ideas. It in my objective to interconnect great things.