Thread: Win32:Trojan-gen and others

Win32:Trojan-gen and others

Hi there guys

I have been getting a rapid response from my anti-virus software (avast) that Win32:Trojan-gen and other Win32:beagle etc is presnt in my computer. Whether I delete the fiel or try quarintine, repair it it wont go away and is affecting my system. COuld you please post links for removal software for these things. I have searched goole and altavista but nothing solid comes up. Thank you for your time.

Tyron Rohland

Have you scanned in safe mode? Press F8 when windows first starts and choose safe mode from the menu.
    \"You got a mouth like an outboard motor..all the time putt putt putt\" - Foghorn Leghorn

Hey there

I havent scanned on SM however I dont think I have the relevant tools to scan with. Those Fix things I need or will my avast with lasest defintions get the trojans/viruses.

Thanks
    Tyron Rohland

AOs Resident Troll
    Usually..whan I have found a virus...somewhere.....

I look it up on google.

There you will find not only tools to remove it, but documents on how to remove it manually...from almost all the antivirus vendors.

Such as this one

http://securityresponse.symantec.com...le@mm!cpl.html

MLF
    How people treat you is their karma- how you react is yours-Wayne Dyer

Hi there Ty~

And welcome to AO

Please download:

AdAware SE
    Spybot Search & Destroy
    Ewido
    Microsoft anti spyware (beta)

Update them all, and avast, then boot into safe mode and run them

Then let us know how you have gotten on?

you can go to Avast and scan the hard drive, i belive that we will ask you, if you want to scan in the next boot, you must say yes there.

Other solution is to go at www.trendmicro.com and download sysclean and the latest pattern file, and run the program, this will clean up your system.

you can go at www.symantec.com . click on "download virus removal tool", and check your virus removal tools, don't forget you must disable the windows system restore to the removal tool clean your system.

good luck

C!der [

A criminal offence there............you forgot to tell us the operating system? point being you need to turn off system recovery first, then run in safe mode for ME and XP

Also update all your stuff............Get Spybot S & D and AdAware SE, Ewido, Microsoft anti spyware beta and anything else you fancy..............update and run in safe mode.

Then let us know...........we may need to use other tools?

Thakns for the tips guys...

I used Xp Sp2, now I have gone back to 2000. I am going to get all those products + have Nortons 2003 running. Also what is the command like in Xp [msconfig] in 2000, I want to edit startup etc. Anyway I'll let you guys know. No one BBS or forums could have helped me they way you guys have. Thanks a million.

Tyron Rohland

Avast features a great alternative to scanning in Safe Mode - the boot-time scanner. This feature performs a full Avast scan of your system based on simple parameters (prompt, delete all, scan only, etc) before Windows boots. This prevents the squirmiest worms from self-proliferating. I recommend running the boot-time scanner twice in succession, followed by an ordinary full system scan within Windows.

Pasted from the help docs:

Scheduling the Boot Time Scan

Click on the Menu button.
    Choose Schedule Boot Time Scan.
    Doing so displays a dialog allowing you to schedule virus scanning.
    Check Archives, if you want scan all the archives.
    Specify whether all the disks or just a specific folder should be scanned.
    Select Advanced options for scheduling details.
    Select how to automatically process infected files.
    Choose how to automatically process infected system files.
    Click the Schedule button to confirm the settings.