Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: ARP poisoning/MITM attack prevention

Yeah, I like it! It's actually not that bad at all!
    All workstations just need to load a batch file adding the gateway to the static ARP table, plus any "sensitive" internal servers on the same subnet.

FYI:
    If you are interested, I have done some more tests with static ARP. Static ARP tables work fine with WinXP and Win2003 Server, but it does NOT work with Win2000 or anything older!
    When I configured a static MAC for the gateway of a Win2000 Server box, it got overwritten by the poisoning by Cain, and the static MAC stayed static with the fake MAC! Wonder who thought that bright idea out? Kind of defeats the idea of a static ARP table... heh?!?

Originally posted here by SawPer
    Yeah, I like it! It's actually not that bad at all!
    All workstations just need to load a batch file adding the gateway to the static ARP table, plus any "sensitive" internal servers on the same subnet.

FYI:
    If you are interested, I have done some more tests with static ARP. Static ARP tables work fine with WinXP and Win2003 Server, but it does NOT work with Win2000 or anything older!
    When I configured a static MAC for the gateway of a Win2000 Server box, it got overwritten by the poisoning by Cain, and the static MAC stayed static with the fake MAC! Wonder who thought that bright idea out? Kind of defeats the idea of a static ARP table... heh?!?
    Thats very useful to me, thanks heaps. AP awarded.

I was basing alot on the fact, that on a system i could just do that, then I would be ok... Well, there goes that :P
    http://sfx-images.mozilla.org/affili...88x31/take.gif
    If You\'ve Done Something Right. People Wont Know You\'ve Done Anything At All - God (futurama)