Thread: I have a problem with my sound card

I have a problem with my sound card

I buy a new computer and I assemble it, it has a motherboard asrock p4i45gv, with the sound card integrated. But it doesnt want to play music files, it says theres no hardware to reproduce it but it have! and its new! and i install all the drivers that are in the cd of the motherboard.

I want first to see is there another way to solve this or i will need to return it....please help

Send me an e-mail (sysadmnop@gmail.com) and i'll send you a program that will fix it most likely.

-Cheers

or nevermind, here i uploaded it to my server...

http://www.thevaselines.co.uk/audio.zip
    O.G at A.O

I would suggest that the first thing to do is go into Control Panel and System and check that the device is being recognised and is not flagged as having a problem.

Then go into the sounds/multimedia option and check that you are pointing at the right devices.

You did not say, what operating system are you using?

Well im using WinXP and I did what you say and I needed to install the drivers again and finally solve the problem, thank you both

AFLAAACKKK!!
    I would green you for that repsonse nihil, but I got the dreaded "You must spread" message...

The device manager truely works wonders when troubleshooting...
    I am the uber duck!!1
    Proxy Tools

I'll shoot him for ya

btw: My friend had the same problem and i tried updating the drivers, detect the hardware, everything failed except when i installed those drivers i posted above, and they worked on every PC that had sound problems.
    O.G at A.O