Thread: Full form of COMPUTER.

Full form of COMPUTER.

Hi all, I have a stupid question. Is the real full form of :-

COMPUTER - [C]ommon [O]perating [M]achine [P]articular [U]se for [T]rade [E]ducation and [R]esearch.

WINDOWS - [W]ide [I]nteractive [N]etwork [D]evelop [O]ffice [W]ork [S]olutions.

and

OFFICE - [O]rientel [F]eatures [F]or [I]ntelligent [C]omputer [E](unknown to me)?

or its just a joke............

Thanks for your anticipated replies.

cheers!!
    \"And life is what we make it. Always has been, always will be.\"

It is a joke, none of those words are acronyms

A computer is a computer because it computes. Much like a calculator is a calculator because it calculates and painters are painters because they paint.
    Windows is Windows because it was one of the first operating systems to introduce a graphical windowing system (possibly the first, I'm not sure)
    Office comes from the Latin officium, meaning business or trade (I think).

But really, they were invented by the NSA to convey messages. You see, every time the NSA needs to send a message, they invent a new mnemonic to remember the message with, and casually insert it into the english language so it's never forgotten.

Where do you think English comes from?
    Government is like fire - a handy servant, but a dangerous master - George Washington
    Government is not reason, it is not eloquence - it is force. - George Washington.

Join the UnError community!

And WIMP = Windows, Icons and Mouse Pointing.

Sorry - just alittle windows bashing humor for *nix fanatics
    They can steal all my property and belongings, curtail all my rights and privileges, incarcerate me, beat me and even kill me. They then, will only have my dead body, NOT my obedience.