Steps for keeping your data available and secure!

Thread: Steps for keeping your data available and secure!

Steps for keeping your data available and secure!

This is an interesting reading about data availabilty and security. I really enjoyed reading it, I hope you will do.

http://www.computerworld.com/securit...101318,00.html
    \"The only truly secure system is one that is powered off, cast in a block of concrete and sealed in a lead-lined room with armed guards - and even then I have my doubts\".....Spaf
    Everytime I learn a new thing, I discover how ignorant I am.- ... Black Cluster

Not a bad article, could be better though. Nothing new that most folks that come to this site should know though.

They do not go into any steps that an end user or small business should take except to say that they should backup their data and have AV/firewall protection. While I understand that each situation is different, they make no recommencations at all for products or strategies beyond back up your data. Looks like a rehash of other information out there that can be found.

The article does not cover any 'steps' at all. Very misleading IMHO.

~Halv

Hi halv,

The article was aming to give you the broad steps twoard building an coherent data inegrity and availability, I found vey useful and nice guide.

Actually, this ARTICLE is not a step by step bible. This is not a tutorial, instead a guidance through which you can understand the basics of this stuff.

Imagine Symantec gives detalied tutorials about how to protect your network and data... then What would be the real thing behind the existance of these comanies .... They wil go out of the business ... I guess you got my point ....

Misleading, this is not a proper expression, I guess. Misleading means pointing you to tthe wrong direction .... Yet, I think the article does the opposite.

Cheers
    \"The only truly secure system is one that is powered off, cast in a block of concrete and sealed in a lead-lined room with armed guards - and even then I have my doubts\".....Spaf
    Everytime I learn a new thing, I discover how ignorant I am.- ... Black Cluster