Who would you rather have secure your computer against hackers, a profesional hacker, such as a certified ethical hacker, a goal I hope to eventually reach, or a security profesional?
The security profesional knows what programs and policies to set to secure the computer. The hacker knows how to break into your computer, and therefore, how to fix the hole.

Who would you rather have protect your house against burgaries, like in the show It takes a thief, an ex-theif, or someone who secures homes as a profession, I gotta go at the moment, but if you insist, i will prove my point when I have time

thats the biggest load of crap ever. Have you seen the show "it takes a theif" most of those people dont even lock their doors. Its easy to tell somone what they need to do to secure a home. and all they do is put better locks and have the people use them, big deal that does not take a genius it takes common sense.

a computer is the same. a "ethical hacker" probably wont be better than a security professional. Most "hackers" area bunch of script kiddies who dont know why their tools work, or why exploits are there, or why the vulnerabilities give them access to things. A good security professional will know these things. It takes a deeper understanding to secure something than it does to break it. and most "hackers" dont take the time to get that understanding, becasue they are in it for that "hollywood hacker" profile. Not the true sense of wanting to learn and make things better. I would take a good security professional over a "ethical hacker" anyday. and I would much perfer somone who earns their living by securing houses to do mine then I would a former theif. The security pro doesnt make a living if he isnt good, the theif will be able to point out the flaws but can they really fix them.

think of it this way. If I drop a bomb on a bank and it cracks their vault open, I just broke into. I have no idea how to make that vault stronger, becasue thats not what i do, but I sure know how to break it.