Thread: simple VB6.0 question

simple VB6.0 question

Hi, I dont know why i cant rember this but how do you print the output of a command to the screen like to the form. I keep thinking its me.printform but if some one could get back to me on what it really is i would be very thankful.

Sorry Riot, but I couldn't understand what you are leading toward. Please clarify more, by giving more relevant example!

Cheers
    \"The only truly secure system is one that is powered off, cast in a block of concrete and sealed in a lead-lined room with armed guards - and even then I have my doubts\".....Spaf
    Everytime I learn a new thing, I discover how ignorant I am.- ... Black Cluster

ok I am trying to make a program that makes pascals triangel and i have this code to do it
    Code:
    Private Sub Command1_Click()
    Dim i As Integer
    Dim j As Integer
    Dim r As Integer
    r = Val(Text1.Text)
    If r < t Then r = 2
    If r > 11 Then r = 10
    Dim a() As Integer
    ReDim Preserve a(r, r + 1)
    a(1, 0) = 0
    a(1, 1) = 1
    For i = 2 To r
    a(i, 0) = 0
    For j = 1 To i
    a(i, j) = a(i - 1, j - 1) + a(i - 1, j)
    me.printform
    Next
    Next
    End Sub
    So when the button is pushed on my prog it will print out how ever many lines wear said to but i am not sure how to have it print them out to the form as you can see i am using me.printform right now but that really would not work as you should know .

You need to print the output to a control. A label control, textbox, etc. Or you could create an instance of the wscript.shell object and print it to the screen, not the form.

Thanks for your reply but isn't wscript.shell VBscript and not VB6.0.

Yes, it is. But you can istantiate, and call vbscript/wscript object functions from within VB6.

dim wsh: set wsh=createobject("wscript.shell")

Or you could just reference the windows script host object library in your project.

Then: dim wsh as new wscript.shell (may not be verbatim)

O ok thanks for your explanation.