Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cleaning Up Your PC

Thanks for the links and suggestions guys, I'll tack it on to the tutorial under an "Advanced" section. One of the reasons I left out anything to do with the registry is, as I already mentioned, the target audience for this tutorial. Also I originally had in mind to do a second tutorial that covered more advanced tips and tricks but it probably makes sense to just stick the registry stuff at the end of this one.

*EDIT: The tutorial has been updated with new links and registry cleanup section. If anyone else has anything to add please feel free to share.
    And so at last the beast fell and the unbelievers rejoiced. But all was not lost, for from the ash rose a great bird. The bird gazed down upon the unbelievers and cast fire and thunder upon them. For the beast had been reborn with its strength renewed, and the followers of Mammon cowered in horror. -from The Book of Mozilla, 7:15

Would you include in a future tutorial how the average user can start in safe mode with networking?

I've found that if the system is completely infected to the point of the internet being unusable it can be faster to start in safe mode with networking so that they can download everything quickly then switching back to install and run the programs. (they have to switch back because the windows installer won't run in safe mode).

Just an Idea your tutorial looks good to me as it is, but this technique has proven useful (and time saving) to me in the past.
    "Experience is the hardest teacher, it gives the test first and the lesson after." Anonymous

They call me the Hunted foxyloxley's Avatar
    possibly make the links active via the my own attempt,
    I find that if I have it in WRITING, it seems to make more of an impact
    and this does seem to be a comprehensive introduction to a very complicated subject.
    so now I'm in my SIXTIES FFS
    WTAF, how did that happen, so no more alterations to the sig, it will remain as is now

Beware of Geeks bearing GIF's
    come and waste the day :P at The Taz Zone