Windows XP: disabled standby

Thread: Windows XP: disabled standby

Unhappy Windows XP: disabled standby

I recently formated my laptop's hard-disk and reinstalled Windows XP Pro (to get rid of all my old garbage). Now unfortunatly when I click on the start menu and navigate to the "Turn Off Computer" button, the window that appears which should contain the Stand By, Turn Off and Restart buttons, contains all 3 buttons but the "Stand By" buttons is disabled

I feel stupid having to ask you guys how the fix this problem but I have tried all of the things I can think of to fix this problem and have failed.

Any help that you can provide in solving this problem will be greatly recieved

Yours Faithfully,
    TTAYO

I think your missing the Intel Extreme Graphics Chipset drivers.....that fixed my friends problem when i installed them.

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&l...et&btnG=Search

or w/e Driver you need, if you have a video card or w/e...
    StreetsCrack.com Join The Best Music Social Network Online. Music downloads, promotions, forums, profile, games etc...

I feel stupid having to ask you guys how the fix this problem but I have tried all of the things I can think of to fix this problem and have failed
    Unfortunately you don't say what, so please forgive me if you have already"been there"

Usually those commands are controlled in the power management sections of your BIOS or in the control panel.

You might like to check your current settings.

Smile thanx 4 the reply

Thanx a lot for the reply, I don't know how I didn't notice that my graphics card driver wasn't installed!

Yours Sincerly,
    TTAYO