Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: helps evade the RIAA and MPAA

AO is on ban list, just because someone reported it to Ban list Administrator as a bad site.
    Usually admins of a banned site contact the ban list admin to remove their site, but maybe nobody here really care if AO is on a ban list or not
    I cant remember now on which ban list AO is, since there is four sub-lists...
    Meu sítio

FORMAT C: Yes ...Yes??? ...Nooooo!!! ^C ^C ^C ^C ^C
    If I die before I sleep, I pray the Lord my soul to encrypt.
    If I die before I wake, I pray the Lord my soul to brake.

Actually they can..... Theirs have a little digital signature within them that you can't see.
    This is something I've been curious about. If you convert some music to MP3 format,
    can metadata from the original CD survive the conversion? And what kind of signatures
    does your software add into the file? Fire up the old hex editor and start looking
    for suspicious stuff.

I guess most copyrighted material has never been authorized for release as MP3, so
    they're right to assume that almost everything being shared is illegal.
    I came in to the world with nothing. I still have most of it.

[This is something I've been curious about. If you convert some music to MP3 format,
    can metadata from the original CD survive the conversion? And what kind of signatures
    does your software add into the file? Fire up the old hex editor and start looking
    for suspicious stuff.
    Since the compression algorithm is well know, they can just adjust bit strings to avoid being changed by compression routines and stay intact in the output file. But i dont thing they are doing that on commercial cds, just because it wont identify anything.
    But they are doing that on that "evaluation copies" that they use to distribute with the condition "dont reveal to anyone"
    Hollywood got some guys using that idea on movies, didnt they?
    Meu sítio

FORMAT C: Yes ...Yes??? ...Nooooo!!! ^C ^C ^C ^C ^C
    If I die before I sleep, I pray the Lord my soul to encrypt.
    If I die before I wake, I pray the Lord my soul to brake.