Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: helps evade the RIAA and MPAA

helps evade the RIAA and MPAA

If you use P2P programs this little program might help you out evade the RIAA and MPAA. Not that you should illegally share and download anything anyway, but just for protection. The website is here http://methlabs.org/ . Tell me what you think.

AO Ancient: Team Leader
    Er.. I you weren't using these programs in the first place - which are for, generally, downloading copyrighted material - you wouldn't need this stuff would you?

Add in the fact that if you are using these programs to download freely available material then the MPAA and RIAA wouldn't care about you would they?

Silly attempt to provide computer security people a way to break the law.... Go away....

That's what I think.....
    Don\'t SYN us.... We\'ll SYN you.....
    \"A nation that draws too broad a difference between its scholars and its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards, and its fighting done by fools.\" - Thucydides

What's wrong with this link? IMO, what the RIAA and MPAA are doing is wrong, that gives me every right to "steal" from them, simply to spite them. I do not consider it wrong to steal profits from a guy who own 7 cars, 3 houses of his own, and various other things that rich execs get. Artists don't get **** from CDs, so I see no point in buying. If I want to support the artist I'll go to a concert or donate money to them. There is no reason for the record companies to be pulling that big of profits, it's moronic. If there is a local band selling their cds at the local record store, I buy it. Why? because I know that more than 2% is going to the band, plus the fact that they could actually USE the money, rather than spending it on "krystall", 26" Spinnerz, and various other **** that rich Pop stars use their money on. **** the system, that's what I say.
    [H]ard|OCP <--Best hardware/gaming news out there--|
    pwned.nl <--Gamers will love this one --|
    Light a man a fire and you\'ll keep him warm for a day, Light a man ON fire and you\'ll keep him warm the rest of his life.

Grunt: You forgot to say what you thought of the software..... silly....
    \"A nation that draws too broad a difference between its scholars and its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards, and its fighting done by fools.\" - Thucydides

LOL, mine was more a reply to your post.... But anyways...

If peer Guardian 1 is any indication of how good PG2 is, then I expect it to be an incredibly slim program, takes up 0% resources for the most part. I personally don't share stuff cuz I'm on dial up, but I know plenty of people who do share and use PG2, and they haven't been sued yet, so it might be working, or the RIAA is just a bunch of ****ing dimwits. Personally, I'd say it's a combo of both. The blocklist is HUGE, so it's gotta knock out at least a LITTLE of the RIAA/MPAA...

And yes, you could get in trouble for sharing freely available material. For example, Moby has released a lot of his songs into P2P on his own, because he likes the idea of it. Now, how is the RIAA supposed to be able to tell the diff between what he put on there, and what some other guy ripped off of the cd that the RIAA "owns"? They can't, but they can sure as hell sue you for it, and say it's the one someone ripped.
    [H]ard|OCP <--Best hardware/gaming news out there--|
    pwned.nl <--Gamers will love this one --|
    Light a man a fire and you\'ll keep him warm for a day, Light a man ON fire and you\'ll keep him warm the rest of his life.

Well I have downloaded a few tunes.............bands of the USN, USAMC and USAF................I did not pay anything, and, given that the RIAA don't have thermonuclear weapons or professionally trained psychopaths...............hell they don't even have moderately talented amateurs such as myself, I am not that worried

Best one I downloaded recently was "Amazing Grace" sung in Cherokee

You cannot go into any local stores and buy it

Now, how is the RIAA supposed to be able to tell the diff between what he put on there, and what some other guy ripped off of the cd that the RIAA "owns"? They can't, but they can sure as hell sue you for it, and say it's the one someone ripped.
    Actually they can..... Theirs have a little digital signature within them that you can't see... It's been going on for a couple of years or more......

Know your enemy....

I would say trust in the law of nature. If the lamers at the RIAA are really interested in downloaders then their sponsors should fire them and employ me and a few trusties from this site

What actually costs them money, and can be pursued cost effectively?

1. Outright pirate/counterfeit goods.
    2. People who UPLOAD and allow any dork to access their machine.

On a personal level they really are not interested, it is too insignificant.

Peer Guardian 2 (from Methlabs) is a very good software to protect you from bad sites - and im not refering to RIAA or MPAA here, since they are trying do protect their rights.
    For example, PG2 has a very good list of malware host sites - those that use to appear no "ads" and it has the most complete list of invalid IPs that ive never heard.
    Besides that most "downloaders" use it, its a very good software to protect your computer.
    BTW, did you know that AO is on PG2' Ban list?
    Meu sítio

FORMAT C: Yes ...Yes??? ...Nooooo!!! ^C ^C ^C ^C ^C
    If I die before I sleep, I pray the Lord my soul to encrypt.
    If I die before I wake, I pray the Lord my soul to brake.

No wonder i couldn't connect to Antionline whenever I have it enabled. Hmm... why would anitonline be on a ban list? That is weird. Unless of course...