Thread: Bluetooth Sniper Rifle - HOW TO

Master-Jedi-Pimps0r & Moderator thehorse13's Avatar

Bluetooth Sniper Rifle - HOW TO

All I can say is yikes. We built one using the instructions in this article and it works like a champ. It now sits beside my directional antenna built with a metal garbage can lid and my S.P.U.D potato gun.

Enjoy.

http://www.tomsnetworking.com/Sections-article106.php
    Our scars have the power to remind us that our past was real. -- Hannibal Lecter.
    Talent is God given. Be humble. Fame is man-given. Be grateful. Conceit is self-given. Be careful. -- John Wooden

Very nice.

I was not too impressed with the Bluetooth SIG's response either. Oh well.

Personally I think attaching these things to gunstock is asking for trouble, albeit very cool looking trouble =)
    Tachyon

|-----|Alcohol is my anti-drug |-----|

Haha!!!
    Yeah, I wouldn't go to the White House and try it!!

AO Senior Cow-beller
    I wouldn't go out in PUBLIC and try it...after the sniper shootings in the DC area, if they even THINK you're a threat, you could get yourself shot. No, not the most well-thought-out design for low-key, unobtrusive, passive scanning.

I think you'd be much better mounting it on a tripod. It'd look like a telescope, so I'd wager most folks would not even give it a second thought...and those that do could be blown off with a harmless "Oh, its a radio-telescope, just like they use for a lot of deep space observation, only it's small"...which is not entirely untrue.
    "Data is not necessarily information. Information does not necessarily lead to knowledge. And knowledge is not always sufficient to discover truth and breed wisdom." --Spaf
    Anyone who is capable of getting themselves made president should on no account be allowed to do the job. --Douglas Adams (1952-2001)
    "...people find it far easier to forgive others for being wrong than being right." - Albus Percival Wulfric Brian Dumbledore

Master-Jedi-Pimps0r & Moderator thehorse13's Avatar
    LOL. My first response was, "What happens when the helicopter shows up with real sniper rifles?" After that thought processed, I proceded to the shop to build mine.

I'm not using it outside of my stomping grounds because the last thing I want to become is target practice for the secret service.
    Our scars have the power to remind us that our past was real. -- Hannibal Lecter.
    Talent is God given. Be humble. Fame is man-given. Be grateful. Conceit is self-given. Be careful. -- John Wooden

this is extremly intresting, im going to have to put some time in this project
    -Simo

I agree with the rest of you the whole rifle look would probably not fly well in public. SIG's response is typical of all the big comercial entities. Prime example of security through obscurity.
    If it weren\'t for my horse I never would have spent that year in college.

I found the artilce gr8 ...
    I am going to ,make one for me
    I Came I Coded I Conquered

Custom User
    There was one good idea to make the rifle look less threatening. You could use a more powerful antena with a dish on one end. Plus it'd look pretty cool as well. Could convince idiots that it's some kind of laser gun :P

ac