Thread: Safemode Administrator Reboot

Safemode Administrator Reboot

The operating system is Win XP Home SP2 not by choice but because it was preloaded. I am under the understanding that to gain access to administrator rights I must go into safemode. After pressing F8, chooseing safe mode and seeing the login screen, I have a choice of Administrator or blakelock (mom). If I click on the Administrator, the computer reboots imediatly. I think this might be related to a security setting or something to do with SP2

After searching google for hours I have not been able to solve this and I am hopeing someone hear knows something about it and can direct me. Since the computer was preloaded, I cannot uninstall SP2, unless I formate, which I am trying to avoid. My friend who purchased basicaly the same computer one modle before this one, has SP1 on disk, I guess I could use his disks along with my serial number but hopefully there is another solution then formating.

Any sugestions or guidence would be greatly apreciated.
    \"I think Adid just had a heart attack, I tryed to revive him but it was too late!\" - Delta Force Black Hawk Down

I am under the understanding that to gain access to administrator rights I must go into safemode.
    The admin account yes, accounts with admin rights no.

Does your mom's account have admin rights? Settings>Control Panel>User Accounts.

Have you done malware scans?
    \"You got a mouth like an outboard motor..all the time putt putt putt\" - Foghorn Leghorn

Comming up in safemode will get you to the administrator login, but it may be pass protected. I get computers all day at work with windows pass`s, but no `safemode-admin` pass. Why can you not log into a windows name w/ admin rights or even make an admin account, OR even... give yourself admin rights? It sounds as if you are doing something the mom doesn't want you to do. Be careful.

As far as the re-booting, I am not sure. I would do as suggested and run ad/spyware and virus scans. Make sure they are updated. I'll try and look into this problem for you.

Finaly I am getting somewhere. I did a adaware scan and removed everything, now when I get the welcome screen in safemode and click on Administrator it actualy apears to be doing something. Then finaly a window pops up with a message aparently addressed to me!

"A problem ocured preventing windows from checking the licence of the computer" 0x8007007f

Hmm, ok from what i understand, when we purchased the computer, it was preloaded by Acer, and all we did was set up an acount and I am prity sure we did the product activation thing. I have the certificate of authenticity to prove it is not a pirated version, so I guessing I might have a problem where the product activation didnt get completed properly. If so does anyone know how I can go back to the product activation, to check.

Least I am seeing stuff now

The Administorator does not seem to have a password yet, since I didnt type any password and it said loading settings then imediatly the message above. The reason for going into safemode Is to gain access to the power saveing features of my wireless card, since I believe that windows is turning the card off when mom plays her games, the very few that she has. So when we close the game the network conection is lost :gerr:

Edit: I forgot to answer the question, yes mothers acount is said to be a member of the administrators group however if I choose her login from safemode, I will see the message "Windows is in safemode...blah blah blah..." I click yes and imediatly it reboots, I click no and it also reboots.
    \"I think Adid just had a heart attack, I tryed to revive him but it was too late!\" - Delta Force Black Hawk Down