Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Need help for Corporate AV Solution

Originally posted here by Panic
    I use GroupShield 6 for Exchange from McAfee. Running Exchange 2003 on a single server for about 500 users. I've been using GroupShield since version 4.5 on Exchange 5.5, and have been liking it all the way.
    I hate groupshield. Nothing but problems with it. Groupshield 6 is a resource hog on really busy servers. I have 1 8-way HP system running GS6.0 right now and the GS process rpcserv.exe uses up around 40-65% of the total processor. Of course the install for GS5.5 is totally crap and bombs out most of the time when installed on a clustered system. The system usually runs at 45% total processor utilization, but with GS6.0 it runs at 98-100% utilization during peak times. And NAI can't fix it. If you stop GS the processor goes back down to 40% utilization. And we are not the only people having this problem. Do a search on rpcserv.exe and GS6.0 processor utilization and you will get lots of hits on google.

The best answer- go with whomever will give you the software cheapest.

On exchange trendmicro is the best product I have used in terms of setup, ease of use, and functionality. NAI support just sucks.

Some Assembly Required ShagDevil's Avatar
    I'm with thwhomp on this one. On our network (which is comparitavely smaller), we use Symantec's Corporate Edition AV 8.1 and the only time I notice "resource hogging" is during scans. Outside of that, it's an excellent product.
    Yet again, I see bashing Symantec has become an assemblage of complaints that yield little or no tangible evidence to any actual flaws with the product itself. My apologies if I come off as a ***** but, to date, I've never had any major issues with any Symantec product.
    The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his - George Patton

We've always used Mcafee, it maybe using more resources than we like, but GS has always been our first line of defence against insider attacks. We dont have huge loads on our servers, ~50-100 depending on how many are connecting remotely, but i stand by mcafee, ive always loved norton on the desktop use, hated mcafee, but once i really saw it in action, i was impressed...

However, we have never really had the chance to benchmark a couple of different solutions, we'll probably get around to it when our current lics. run out !
    http://sfx-images.mozilla.org/affili...88x31/take.gif
    If You\'ve Done Something Right. People Wont Know You\'ve Done Anything At All - God (futurama)

Hmmm, what about Bitdefender? http://www.bitdefender.us/index.php ?

Does bitdefender support server 2003? and for the client side we are looking for something that is centrally managed, and can be installed through a script and updated the same way.