Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: University (Name) Importance ?

Originally posted here by whatthe
    It may help get your foot in the door but I doubt it would make a big difference an interview, you either know your stuff or you don't ...... unless the person doing the hiring went to the same school or didn't get accepted to that school.
    Yup, this is pretty much the way it works here too. The school name on the degree will only take you so far and then its up to wether or not you know your stuff in the given field.
    And so at last the beast fell and the unbelievers rejoiced. But all was not lost, for from the ash rose a great bird. The bird gazed down upon the unbelievers and cast fire and thunder upon them. For the beast had been reborn with its strength renewed, and the followers of Mammon cowered in horror. -from The Book of Mozilla, 7:15

Eh? What is a 2:2, 2:1, and first? Is that a UK thing? Never heard of it here.

Yeah sounds like a Euro thing, zENGER. Probably the equivalent of our associates, bachelor's and master's degrees.
    And so at last the beast fell and the unbelievers rejoiced. But all was not lost, for from the ash rose a great bird. The bird gazed down upon the unbelievers and cast fire and thunder upon them. For the beast had been reborn with its strength renewed, and the followers of Mammon cowered in horror. -from The Book of Mozilla, 7:15

Could be, I was thinking along the lines as to where you placed in your class or something. Hopefully someone will enlighten me.

Originally posted here by zENGER
    Could be, I was thinking along the lines as to where you placed in your class or something. Hopefully someone will enlighten me.
    http://www.answers.com/topic/british...classification

I <3 Google