Thread: IE Filter

IE Filter

I was wondering if there was a way to write a program that you would 'integrate' into Internet Explorer to filter out certain words and to replace them with a 'better' word,
    for eg. in IE it would show "you faggot" but it would filter to " you retard" or something to that effect. Does anyone know how I would do this?

nfi

but you could do it via ettercap, this is probably going straight overkill, but configure ettercap to search for strings over port 80 traffic and replace them with other strings...

We've done it via unencrypted traffic w/o problems so far, but its really simple once you figure it out and run it a couple times...

Other than that, i know you can use IE's ocx files inside like VB apps, but im still pretty sure you wont be able to control the content.

Perhaps another program like net nanny will give ya some ideas ? or even check planet-source-code, or similar... Sorry couldnt be more help
    http://sfx-images.mozilla.org/affili...88x31/take.gif
    If You\'ve Done Something Right. People Wont Know You\'ve Done Anything At All - God (futurama)

There is a command in the version of BASIC that i use called inp()
    returnedByte = INP(port)

Description: This function polls the specified machine I/O port for its byte value.

If you will be distributing your application, and it uses INP() and/or OUT to control hardware ports, you will need to distribute and install certain files on your user's system. For detailed information, see Port I/O.
    I have used it to get information on the keyboard to see if the user types certain keys, i think the keyboard is port 96.
    In the version BASIC im using, when you type in
    print inp(96)
    in a never ending loop it will keep printing zeros and when you press a key it will change to that number then go back to the zeros.

So im not sure what would happen when you 'view' port 80...
    ...I tried it and i got numbers comming at me like crazy. (I used an infinite loop)
    they were 1 to 3 didget numbers, and im not sure if they're hex numbers or what.
    I don't know how you would 'read' these numbers and know what they are for, because when you are loading an HTML page your model is still sending other info and recieving info that isn't just for that file, and i don't know how you would filter that out.

does anyone have experience with using port 80 to do anything like this?