Thread: PGP key

AO Senior Cow-beller

PGP key

Being a security site with discussions regarding identity, authentication, and cryptography, it would be nice if the members profiles included a link or the ascii text content of their public PGP/GnuPG keys.

Just a thought.

I mean, it's nice that I can share Yahoo! Messenger, AIM, ICQ, WXYZ, and Walla-walla-bing-bang info about myself...but there's no place to properly post my public key. And if you suggest the Profile Intro...nix. Well, you can do it, but it line wraps and looks awful.

Bonafide public keys (.asc file, usually) should be pretty darned small. Less than 1 kb. So it shouldn't be much of a storage or bandwidth impact...more than anything, it'll be some schema and query work for the admins to do.
    "Data is not necessarily information. Information does not necessarily lead to knowledge. And knowledge is not always sufficient to discover truth and breed wisdom." --Spaf
    Anyone who is capable of getting themselves made president should on no account be allowed to do the job. --Douglas Adams (1952-2001)
    "...people find it far easier to forgive others for being wrong than being right." - Albus Percival Wulfric Brian Dumbledore

I must say I agree with you 100%. Something that could be cut-and pasted, perhaps opening in a new link, would be great.

Good thinking!
    Government is like fire - a handy servant, but a dangerous master - George Washington
    Government is not reason, it is not eloquence - it is force. - George Washington.

Join the UnError community!

are you saying just to store our keys ? So emailing another member would be made a little more secure ?

or going as far as implementing the keys in our posts ??
    http://sfx-images.mozilla.org/affili...88x31/take.gif
    If You\'ve Done Something Right. People Wont Know You\'ve Done Anything At All - God (futurama)