Thread: Virus in my gmail Inbox! *Heads up*

Virus in my gmail Inbox! *Heads up*

I'm sorry that I am posting this so late.

Note: My user name & addy: "DISLEX" (Notice all caps too)

On Sunday, March 6th at 3:09AM, I received an email from "Dislex"using the address "dislex2002@aol.com". There was no subject, nor was there any body text. There was however an attachment called "2332134.rar".

After looking into this I found the virus to be

'Win32:Beagle-BD [Wrm]" per Avast.

I had always gloated to people about never once getting spam in my gmail inbox, and very little overall. Now this.

I am always safe with my email too.

Has anyone else had this?

From the 'Payload' section of the Symantec write up.

Sends email to addresses harvested from the infected system.
    From Dislex

I had always gloated to people about never once getting spam in my gmail inbox, and very little overall. Now this.
    You can be as careful as you want but you can't force everyone you've ever e-mailed to be careful and not get viruses or the people they've forwarded your e-mails to.

You're not the one with the infected computer (you've scanned recently?) so I wouldn't stress out, if you have e-mail your going to get some once in a while.
    \"You got a mouth like an outboard motor..all the time putt putt putt\" - Foghorn Leghorn

Yes, I always scan and always checkj for updates. I'm clean. I wasn't worried, but just a little dissapointed that one hit gmail. I knew/know it would/will happen. I just wanted to see if this was a wide spread thing with gmail accounts and kind of let people have a heads up. I have not received anymore. I still have not had ANY spam in my inbox yet! Yay. I'm sure in time that will start to happen. Blah.