I Just Hate Those Racist Newspapers!!!!!

Thread: I Just Hate Those Racist Newspapers!!!!!

I Just Hate Those Racist Newspapers!!!!!

Interesting. So much for freedom of the press.

Activists at Ithaca College in New York were upset about the student paper’s lack of coverage of an anti-racism rally so they did the only sensible thing – they stole hundreds of copies of the paper and threw them away.

The Ithacan says it covered the Erase the Hate rally in its online edition, publishing some 30 photographs, but the organizers and their minions wanted similar levels of coverage in the print edition.

One professor on campus was described as “ranting and raving” and calling the paper racist for its decision to save a few trees and opt for electronic pandering.
    The mentally handicaped are persecuted in this great country, and I say rightfully so! These people are NUTS!!!!

They call me the Hunted foxyloxley's Avatar
    3rd Rock from Sun
    Proof positive that extremists should be treated with EXTREME prejudice

The mind boggles ............

By their reckoning, you are damned if you do, and damned if you don't
    55 - I'm fiftyfeckinfive and STILL no wiser,
    OLDER yes
    Beware of Geeks bearing GIF's
    come and waste the day :P at The Taz Zone

Custom User
    It's just completely crazy and paranoid to believe that the paper was being rascist, unless the activists had some kind of information which led them to this belief. I would happily go on anti-rascism rallies, but at least I know when someone's being rascist and when they're not. It just makes you lose respect for the people going to these events when they say something like this without giving any proof of their allegations.

I prefer to avoid any type of activist marches or campaigns completely for the most part. It's pretty rare that these things don't have other alternative agendas, or are simply irrational and belligerant about their message--like these newspaper theives.

I try to live according to the things I stand for rather than parading around and pretending as if I cared about someone else's ideals like some social badge of honor.
    \"Greatness only comes at great risk.\" ~ Personal/Generic