Question about Google.cn

Thread: Question about Google.cn

Question about Google.cn

I have a question about Google.cn ( Google China) hope someone can answer it.

I understand that Google.cn is a chinese version of google therefor allows searching using chinese. Are people able to search using normal english also ? or just chinese.

In terms of its database of urls , does it only contain sites on the .cn domain ? or does it contain sites written in chinese or alternatively does it contain the whole of google.com's index ?

Also on about google.cn . I understand that google modify their index to suit the chinese government otherwise the chinese government would block people from inside china from viewing . In regards to this my question here is, is it possible to have a site that is unblockable by the chinese government ? if so how would it be done ?

Re: Question about Google.cn

Originally posted here by esi1

Also on about google.cn . I understand that google modify their index to suit the chinese government otherwise the chinese government would block people from inside china from viewing . [/B]
    Very wrong! Google dosn't do this. It is not even rational. The internet is world of freedom, if China has some problem with some websites, they can instruct thier ISP to block them.

Google usually customize the language to make it easier for the natives to find thier sought pages, and more specifically about local pages .....
    \"The only truly secure system is one that is powered off, cast in a block of concrete and sealed in a lead-lined room with armed guards - and even then I have my doubts\".....Spaf
    Everytime I learn a new thing, I discover how ignorant I am.- ... Black Cluster