Windows Xp recovery

Thread: Windows Xp recovery

Windows Xp recovery

I had a multiboot system with windows 98 and windows xp. I had xp on a logical partition and 98 on an primary one. By mistake i formatted the primary partition.

I know that when xp is installed in a logical partition then it creates a folder as NT detect in the primary partition.

Now the case is that i have reinstalled win 98 in primary partition. But i'm unable to access the os xp. I have some imporatnt softwares installed there of which i dont have the setup anymaore.

Is there a solution to my problem where i need to get back the control of the windows xp.

I havent formatted the logical drive but am unable to log on to xp.

Please tell a solution to this.

\"The Smilie Wars\" ... just arrived after the great crusades

.... computers come to the rescue .... ah technology at last has some use.

United Kingdom: Bridlington
    Hi, I am not sure if this will work but I think it is worth a try.

Insert your XP CD and try to do a repair install on the logical partition.

Hopefully this will correct your primary partition. The repair option does not affect your personal files/folders.

Freestate,South Africa
    A shot in the dark maybe but here goes..nihil,s option is definitely worth a try and if you don,t come right you could go to the command prompt when 98 starts up and type:del and press enter.After that type;del and hit enter..insert xp cd ..restart.. , change to boot from cd rom in the the xp setup from there.The above deletions should start the xp setup..reinstall win 98 again on another partition.

hope it helps
    Practise what you preach.