Thread: firefox 1.0.3 problem

firefox 1.0.3 problem

HI, Ok i am having a problem with my firefox 1.0.3 it was working fine then i downloaded an update for it and now it dose not work. I can open it up but it is nonresponsive to any thing the only 2 things i can do is do a search for updates by hitting the green button on top or by clicking the X to close it, any one have any ideas what could be wrong i tryed reinstalling it and i am running winXP fully patched.

I had the same problem on a 98SE comp. All I did was in-install and re-install and it worked. Have you tried un-installing it in safemode? Also run some ad/spyware & virus scans. Make sure they are up to date.

I don't know if this will help, but I had the same problem. I started my firewall using 1 account, then downloaded the udate in another account. I had to go to the 1st account and let my firewall know it was ok to let firefox thru. Hope that wasn't too confusing.

DISLEX i have tryed that but not in safe mode i will try it again. and devpon my firewall will let it through i have all ready checked that but thank you for your post.