Hi, just got registered,I hope this is the right place for this poat, I have aTRIAL version Mcafee firwall using it till it expires(gonna get ZonealarmPRO after that---)anyway,

I have been getting my PORTS scanned/i guess or PINGED?... I did a trace back to a CHINA RAILROAD SERVER near Bejing? Then, I started to trace/sending a ping, then I would get just 1 back, i sent 2 then I got 2 back etc... it was as if someone was on the other end watching me???
So now I am paranoid they turned my computer into a "BOT"????

I scanned it seems clean nothing unsual ,no excessive traffic,in or out.

My questions is i have noticed my PORTS from "roughly 33,000---to--45444 have been requested to contact? I am guessing this might have something to do with this SOBER worm going around?, well it is right?....? anyway I have it all archived and saver as logs,

IS THIS NORMAL INTERNET TRAFFIC? SHOULD i BE PARANOID?
THEN RIGHT STARTING A FEW DAYS AGO I HAVE BEEN SENT THE SOBER Virus Advisory
W32/Sober.p@MM is a Medium Risk viruS AS OF MCAFEE TODAY, ANY WAY IT STARTED AS LOW BUT NOW IS SLOWLY CLIMBING?

i HAVE not BEEN INFECCTED WITH IT AND i HAVE RAN MANY SCANS TO QUADRUPLE CHECK ,
i WANT TO LEARN ABOUT ALL THOSE REGITRIES I AHVE IN MY xp hOME SYSTEM,ETC,...?

anyonw have any comments suggestions or advice to relieve me? I guess all this stuff I have watch for several years with my zone alrm free version but now with my new system I never really paid attention to all the alerts until the TRIAL VERSION from McAfee,...so any knowledge is greatful???