Gore to Get Lifetime.....

Thread: Gore to Get Lifetime.....

Gore to Get Lifetime.....

.....Award for Internet

Al Gore may have been lampooned for taking credit in the Internet's development, but organizers of the Webby Awards for online achievements don't find it funny at all.

StreetsCrack.com Join The Best Music Social Network Online. Music downloads, promotions, forums, profile, games etc...

T̙͓̞̣̯ͦͭͅͅȂͧͭͧ̏̈͏̖̖Z̿ ͆̎̄
    Hi CopyRight,

Sorry...but your link just told me that it's no longer there...whatever was supposed to be there.

BS, EnCE, ACE, Cellebrite 11001001's Avatar
    Just West of Beantown, though nobody from Beantown actually calls it "Beantown."
    Bad link!

Bad, bad link!

No treat.
    That's Officer 11001001 to you...
    Now you see me | Now you don't
    "Relax, Bender; It was just a dream. There's no such thing as two." ~ Fry
    sometimes my computer goes down on me

Here... just go to the source.

Mankind have a great aversion to intellectual labor; but even supposing knowledge to be easily attainable, more people would be content to be ignorant than would take even a little trouble to acquire it.
    - Samuel Johnson

Weird, it won't accept the URL ! WHen i paste it it insert some symbols at the end, makes it bad, wtf
    StreetsCrack.com Join The Best Music Social Network Online. Music downloads, promotions, forums, profile, games etc...

Hoopy Frood
    These two posts on Slashdot made me reconsider my first reaction to blow Gore's "inventing the internet" off, yet again.
    "Taking initiative" in the context of "service in the United States Congress" means supporting legislation. Al Gore did exactly that. He pushed legislation, amog that the High Performance Computing and Communications Act of 1991, which transformed some isolated research networks into what we today call the Internet.

He saw the potential of the "Information Superhighway" when most of the HAHA GORE INVETED THE INTERNET LOL kids where still shitting their pants.
    Source: http://slashdot.org/comments.pl?sid=148470&cid=12443938

He's not taking credit for creating the internet, although people are trying to falsely pin it on him. But as far as the legislative and government side is concerned with the internet, he was the primary drive and power behind it. And considering all of you (and me) are internet addicts, doing silly things like posting on slashdot, I think maybe we owe him a bit of thanks.
    Source: http://slashdot.org/comments.pl?sid=148470&cid=12442423

Can anyone back up their arguments up or are they just misinformed?

- Xierox
    "Personality is only ripe when a man has made the truth his own."

-- S鷨en Kierkegaard