Thread: ISS Database

ISS Database

hello,

I need help with importing a ISS 7.0 SQL database from one scanner into another scanner on a different box. When I copied and pasted the DB (which is the default scan7db renamed to scan8db) into the correct ISS folder and opened up ISS and tried to select the appropriate DB within database administration, it's not there as an option. Any ideas as to why this is or how I could get this to work? I looked through here and google and couldn't find much help on it.

Thanks

Nate

Have you tried their Tech Support line:

North America - 888-447-4861

Whenever I have issues with ISS, that's who I call.

Cheers;
    DjM

Master-Jedi-Pimps0r & Moderator thehorse13's Avatar
    If that doesn't pan out, here is another avenue for you:

http://www.iss.net/support/documenta...uct=7&family=9

I use this all the time.

--Th13
    Our scars have the power to remind us that our past was real. -- Hannibal Lecter.
    Talent is God given. Be humble. Fame is man-given. Be grateful. Conceit is self-given. Be careful. -- John Wooden

Just Another Geek
    How do you copy the SQL database? Just by copying the file? That's probably not going to work.

Use SQL's backup to backup the database on the one machine and use the backup file to 'restore' it on a new machine.
    Oliver's Law:
    Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Hi,

This may be irrelevant, as I don't know the inner workings of ISS. However, based on my experiences of RDBMS systems:

which is the default scan7db renamed to scan8db
    Perhaps there is some hard coding/routing in your application? Have you tried naming the file back to the default...............you say it is on a different box?

Just a thought

Thanks

Thanks for the reply's:

I did talk to ISS support for about 2 hours...they weren't able to help much, I think they knew about as much as I did.

Thanks for the link TH13, I'll have to read over those and see if anything shows up.

SD, that might would work, but I would have to fly out of state to do that, because that's where the scanner is...unfortunately, we just copied the file from one machine to a laptop the last time we were out there doing work assuming that we could just upload the DB on a different scanner. Apparently ISS had other ideas.

Nihil, I don't think that the name has any relevance to whether the database could be imported or not, we did try removing the default DB in the scanner and then changing the name to the default and inserting it into the proper folder, but thanks for the suggestion.

But not all is lost, apparently I don't even need the information after all.

God, I love working for the government.

Re: Thanks

Originally posted here by schmit
    But not all is lost, apparently I don't even need the information after all.
    Well, the point may be moot right now, but are the license keys the same on each machine, I believe the keys are tied to the database.

Cheers:
    DjM

That's something I thought of originally when I came across this problem. But I was thinking, that since I work for a government entity, our license key is renewing. In other words, it's on a contract basis. Every couple of months we pay for a new key and with that key also comes the technical support and what not...so if we get a new key every couple months, and the database doesn't change, then the key shouldn't have an effect on the database...?

Ta.

Originally posted here by schmit
    That's something I thought of originally when I came across this problem. But I was thinking, that since I work for a government entity, our license key is renewing. In other words, it's on a contract basis. Every couple of months we pay for a new key and with that key also comes the technical support and what not...so if we get a new key every couple months, and the database doesn't change, then the key shouldn't have an effect on the database...?

Ta.
    Every couple of months??? **** man, I only have to apply a new key once a year.

Probably off base on the key thing, you said you already talked with the tech support group, I would assume they would have thought of that as well.

Anyways.........

Cheers:
    DjM